Wednesday, March 25, 2009

it hits home

Ever heard the song "Dreaming With A Broken Heart" by John Mayer?
.
I've always liked it but had no idea it was by John Mayer. I am not a John Mayer hater, but I'm not a fan either...but I really like this song.
.
It doesn't fit in my life word for word for sure.
.
But I love the first few lines...and how his voice sounds singing it. And those first few lines do fit my life. When I heard it today, it spoke to me. The only thing you have to do is change "she" to "he"...
.
Of course, the "he" I think of when I hear these lines is Grayson.
.
When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can hardly breathe
Wondering was he really here?
.
If you want to hear the song, click here. Think of me and my dear Grayson when you hear the first few lines.
.

0 comments: