Almost every day, Grayson and I hop in the car and take a ride. His current favorite car toy is his MP3 player that plays classical music. Here recently, I couldn’t find it (it slid way under the seat), and I panicked! Fortunately, he was pretty cool about it. But when I found it and handed it to him, it was if I was handing him a chunk of gold.
Anyway, before Ray or I even put Grayson in his car seat, we locate that MP3 player. If he is not happy about having to get in his seat (i.e., if we’ve been making lots of stops and taking him in and out a good bit), classical music makes it all better every time! It is wonderful to have a something to rely on like that.
Yesterday, I watched Gray’s MP3 player fall down to his feet – kinda in the crack between his car seat (at his feet) and the bench seat. Since I keep an eye on him in the rear view mirror, I saw it happen. I was pretty sure him losing it was a mistake. But rather than reaching back and getting it for him, I decided to wait until he asked for my help. Sometimes it can be tempting to jump in and help your child do something – or even worse, do it for them. But I feel it is best to let him ask me for help. Of course, at that point, I definitely will. And there are times I ask him if he needs my help. He either shakes his head “no” and does it himself or gives me a look that says, “Yes, please”.
I kept glancing back to see if he was upset by his fallen toy. He didn’t seem to be. He just stared at it. His look made me kinda sad. But I stayed strong and waited for him to ask me for help. Then, with my very own eyes, I watched Grayson put a foot on each side of the MP3 player, lift it up in the air, and place it his hands!!! I was amazed! And get this – he did the very same thing today!!!!!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
It is becoming a common occurrence
Posted by R&T at 8:48 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment