Because we are nearing 30, we know lots of people who are expecting (everyone from coworkers to friends of friends). But as of a few days ago, we knew 5 couples who were expecting. Now it is 4 because one baby was born.
.
See if you notice a pattern here:
.
Heather and Scott have a daughter and had a baby girl last week.
.
Abigail and Chris have a daughter and are expecting a girl.
.
Nikki and Eric have a son and are expecting a boy in May.
.
Rita and Harlan have a son and are expecting a boy in May.
.
Gina and Patrick have a son and are expecting a boy in May.
.
Okay, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure it out!!! Everyone listed here is having a second baby with the same sex as their first baby!!! Isn't that funny?! :) I mean, what are the chances?! My mom jokingly said, "Okay, it's ya'll's turn to have another boy!" We are not expecting, but I can't help but wonder if we'll be joining in with our friends!
.
I don't think mine and Ray's families can give us much insight. My aunt, my dad's sister, has a boy and a girl. And on my mom's side of the family, I had 5 aunts who each had a boy and a girl. Ray has several aunts with one boy and one girl. My dad has one brother and one sister. But if you want to talk about all the families with several of the same sex, let's see: There's my mom who has four brothers. There's Ray's dad that is 1 of 3 boys. There's Ray's mom who is 1 of 9 kids...7 girls and 2 boys. There's Ray's aunt who has 4 boys. There's Ray's other aunt who had 4 girls before having a boy.
.
So, what do you think we'll have next?
.
The only opinion I've heard is that of our friend, Billy. About a month ago, he dreamed Ray and I told him we were having a girl. Interesting huh?
.
Disclaimer: AGAIN, are not expecting. It is just a fun conversation sparked by our friends who are going to have another baby - with the same sex as their first. Also, if and when we find out we are expecting another little one, we will be beside ourselves - regardless if it is a little boy or a little girl. :)
.


3 comments:
Again, WE ARE NOT EXPECTING.
Ray
I am reserving my guess for now but I am anxious to find out! :)
well i knew you weren't because i had no cute cards to tell me...or is it that you are so busy packing you didn't have time... LOL! I would love for you to have a girl next time.... :-) Two Tish's in one house - Look out Ray!
I want another boy if we put our hats in the arena again...but i know by saying that it extends our time of waiting...so we shall see..I just don't think our house is big enough for two women!
love ya
LE
Post a Comment