
Day before yesterday, October 9th, Grayson made 8 months old! Again, we found ourselves saying, “I can’t believe it!!!” The last 8 months have been so exciting, scary, challenging, fun, wonderful, etc! Since February, I’ve learned so much about myself, Ray, of course, Grayson. To some extent, I’ve always struggled to find my place in this world. I spent so much time wondering where I was supposed to be, what I was supposed to be doing, etc. On February 9th, all my questions were answered…in the form of one little being: Grayson Koa. When I first met the little guy I tried so hard to get to know the previous 9 months, peace and happiness overcame me. It was something I hadn’t ever experienced before. I’m thrilled to say that calmness and joy that took me over has not faded away – and I don’t think it ever will.
I don’t know why it bothers me so much but I cannot help think of the handful of people who either asked me or suggested that I would get “bored” caring for Grayson all day. Before Grayson was even born, I knew that wouldn’t be the case. Believe it or not, a lot of those same idiots who asked me that question early on, checked in with me again months later. I told them staying at home with Grayson is the furthest thing from boring. As I’ve said from Day 1, I don’t have the easiest job in the world (anyone who argues that caring for a baby is easy obviously hasn’t been with one from morning till evening by themselves), but I definitely have the BEST one.
Let’s see – well, let’s discuss stats first. At 8 months, Grayson weighs 24 lbs and measures 32 inches long. What a big boy huh?! He’s wearing size 2T and 3T clothing. It fits him perfectly around, but of course; they are quite long (because Grayson isn’t as tall as toddlers who usually wear sizes 2 and 3T). Our solution is easy…we roll up the pants and sleeves. He looks absolutely adorable!
His big tooth up top is still working on him. And boy is it close! See?! Gray is hanging upside down in this picture, but you can see that tooth real good!
I don’t know why it bothers me so much but I cannot help think of the handful of people who either asked me or suggested that I would get “bored” caring for Grayson all day. Before Grayson was even born, I knew that wouldn’t be the case. Believe it or not, a lot of those same idiots who asked me that question early on, checked in with me again months later. I told them staying at home with Grayson is the furthest thing from boring. As I’ve said from Day 1, I don’t have the easiest job in the world (anyone who argues that caring for a baby is easy obviously hasn’t been with one from morning till evening by themselves), but I definitely have the BEST one.
Let’s see – well, let’s discuss stats first. At 8 months, Grayson weighs 24 lbs and measures 32 inches long. What a big boy huh?! He’s wearing size 2T and 3T clothing. It fits him perfectly around, but of course; they are quite long (because Grayson isn’t as tall as toddlers who usually wear sizes 2 and 3T). Our solution is easy…we roll up the pants and sleeves. He looks absolutely adorable!
His big tooth up top is still working on him. And boy is it close! See?! Gray is hanging upside down in this picture, but you can see that tooth real good!

Grayson doesn’t enjoy his Baby Einstein videos the way he used to. He’d much rather watch Sesame Street.
.

.
His favorite character is Prairie Dawn.
.

.
He smiles and laughs at her. Mom pointed out that he might like her because she is blonde like me. I think she just might be right. And she seems to be a nice girl. Gray also likes Ernie.
.

.
He thinks it is funny when Ernie is in the bath tub covered in bubbles. And last but not least, Grayson likes Grover!
.

.
G has a stuffed Grover…and I think Grover is definitely the character that most looks like himself in stuffed animal form. Gray seems to like Grover’s bright blue fur and his loud crackly voice. :)
My mom taught Gray a game. She lightly bumps his head with hers and says, “Bump!” He laughs and leans in to bump her. When she says, “Bump!”, he laughs!
From a previous blog, you saw that our boy likes to scrape things. He likes to scrape and scratch just about anything, especially if it makes a noise. He scratches anything he can get his hands on – his toys, his crib, his sheets, etc!
Our slick little guy is grabbing things faster and better than ever! If you turn your head for one second, he’s already gotten his little paws on something! So many times, Ray and I both have had to unpeel his fingers to retrieve an important piece of paper – a receipt, a bill, or something of that nature.
A few days ago, Ray was standing in the middle of the kitchen holding Grayson. I was standing 4 or 5 feet away from them. I was fooling with something on the stove with my back to them. All of the sudden, I heard Ray make a funny noise. A second or two later, I felt a shower of wetness on my calf, ankle, and foot. I turned around and said, “What was that?!” Ray said, “I was taking a sip of tea, and Grayson got a death grip on my glass and wouldn’t let go!” We laughed as we cleaned up the sticky mess!
During the day, I don’t talk on the phone much. There are very few people I’d take time away from Grayson to talk to. Grayson LOVES my cell phone. He’s so interested even when I just get a text message. And when I’m talking, he grabs at it and pushes the buttons. When I tell our relatives that, they say, “It won’t be long before I can talk to him on the phone!” And my aunt has already asked to talk to him. Last week, I put the phone by his ear so my aunt could say hello. When he heard her voice, his eyes lit up and rolled over to look at the phone. He smiled from ear to ear until I pulled the phone away. Perhaps he remembered her voice from the one and only time they met when he was 3 ½ months old? I don’t know.
In the last few weeks, I’ve been going to get G when he wakes up each morning. I change his diaper and carry him in our bedroom where Dad is usually still laying. I lay Gray down by Dad, and they hang out for a while (until our little man declares it is breakfast time)!
I’ve made an interesting discovery about Gray since he made 7 months old.
My mom taught Gray a game. She lightly bumps his head with hers and says, “Bump!” He laughs and leans in to bump her. When she says, “Bump!”, he laughs!
From a previous blog, you saw that our boy likes to scrape things. He likes to scrape and scratch just about anything, especially if it makes a noise. He scratches anything he can get his hands on – his toys, his crib, his sheets, etc!
Our slick little guy is grabbing things faster and better than ever! If you turn your head for one second, he’s already gotten his little paws on something! So many times, Ray and I both have had to unpeel his fingers to retrieve an important piece of paper – a receipt, a bill, or something of that nature.
A few days ago, Ray was standing in the middle of the kitchen holding Grayson. I was standing 4 or 5 feet away from them. I was fooling with something on the stove with my back to them. All of the sudden, I heard Ray make a funny noise. A second or two later, I felt a shower of wetness on my calf, ankle, and foot. I turned around and said, “What was that?!” Ray said, “I was taking a sip of tea, and Grayson got a death grip on my glass and wouldn’t let go!” We laughed as we cleaned up the sticky mess!
During the day, I don’t talk on the phone much. There are very few people I’d take time away from Grayson to talk to. Grayson LOVES my cell phone. He’s so interested even when I just get a text message. And when I’m talking, he grabs at it and pushes the buttons. When I tell our relatives that, they say, “It won’t be long before I can talk to him on the phone!” And my aunt has already asked to talk to him. Last week, I put the phone by his ear so my aunt could say hello. When he heard her voice, his eyes lit up and rolled over to look at the phone. He smiled from ear to ear until I pulled the phone away. Perhaps he remembered her voice from the one and only time they met when he was 3 ½ months old? I don’t know.
In the last few weeks, I’ve been going to get G when he wakes up each morning. I change his diaper and carry him in our bedroom where Dad is usually still laying. I lay Gray down by Dad, and they hang out for a while (until our little man declares it is breakfast time)!
I’ve made an interesting discovery about Gray since he made 7 months old.
He likes his back scratched! He and I are alike! I LOVE my back scratched! My grandmother always called me a “lil’ piggy” because I liked back scratching so much!!! Grayson is a little piggy too – because that’s what he is on the Chinese Zodiac and because he loves his back scratched so much!.
I think I could go on and on with this blog, but time doesn't allow it. The last thing I will talk about is how Grayson loves dancing and watching others dance (particularly his Dad). :)
1 comments:
I agree it is so amazing how these 8 mos have crept up but it has been so exciting and so much fun to see Grayson and how he has grown, learned and become more precious everyday! You are right, being a stay at home mom is a big job but the most rewarding one in the world. I am so happy and grateful that you can. Thank you Ray for being a good provider and thank you Mom and Dad for being the wonderful parents you are to my grandson! Happy 8 mos baby boy! I love you so much!
Post a Comment