Well, I had surgery to remove an umbilical hernia last week. It wasn’t too bad. Actually, the recovery was much easier to get through than the pain I was experiencing prior to the surgery. Anyway, the last week or so hasn’t been the easiest. Fortunately, Ray was able to take off from work to care for me and Grayson. Then, my mom took off from work on Monday. Yesterday was my first day alone with Grayson. It started off a little rough but got much better. But needless to say, I was glad to see the day come to an end. I couldn’t wait to see Ray and hand our heavy son over to him. :)
We had a nice evening. We cooked breakfast for supper, which we always enjoy. Then, Ray and I had fun conversation while Grayson napped. When he woke up, we loaded up the car for a trip to Target (yes, a simple trip to Target requires lots of STUFF believe it or not!). We needed a few things, particularly diapers.
When we got home, we gave Gray a bath. That’s always fun! From Day 1, it’s something Ray and I have done together. Although, sometimes Ray bathes him by himself when I need to finish getting ready so we can get out the door. I gave G a new bath toy, a wind up sea turtle. He was fascinated by his flapping flippers! Instead of putting him in the water to swim around, G wanted to suck his head and hold his flippers to make them stop flopping about! It was so funny! And when the turtle stopped doing his thing, Grayson looked him over from top to bottom in effort to find out why. So, throughout his bath, we had to stop and wind up the turtle. We had a good time!
After all the chores were done and Grayson fell asleep, it was time for Ray and I to wind down ourselves. Both of us look forward to laying down flat (elongating our tired backs) in our bed. We laugh at ourselves and each other because one or both of always says, “Oh my god…it feels SO good to lay down!” :)
Last night, I brushed my teeth and rushed to bed. I got there before Ray. He was doing something on the computer, which sits next to our bed. When I pulled back the covers and slipped in, I felt something under there. I pushed whatever it was with my foot. It made a “cling” type of sound. Ray gave me a funny look. I pulled back the cover and found quite a collection of stuff! There were two Fisher Price Alphabet Blocks. Grayson was sitting on our bed earlier in the day playing with them. Next, there was a diaper – a clean one! :) I unloaded a stack of diapers from the diaper bag earlier since our supply at home got low. Obviously, that one found its way under the covers. And finally, a baby caterpillar – STILL ALIVE!
No, not this kind:
This kind!
Well, it didn't look that ferocious! I just googled "green caterpillar" and used one of the first images I found because I started getting the heebie jeebies! Anyway, it was a green caterpillar IN OUR BED! Holy smokes! I’m sure you’re wondering how on earth a baby caterpillar got under the covers! SO AM I! If Grayson were a little older, I might think it was him playing a practical joke on us! ;) The only thing I can think of is one might have fallen (you know how they like to drop) when G and I walked outside earlier that day. God forbid – one might have landed in mine or Grayson’s clothes or hair. Instead of freaking us out, he decided to hang out and wait for someone to crawl in bed after a long day. Incase he didn't get smashed between Gray's two blocks, he was squished in a Target receipt. That is what Ray picked up to take care of him with after I said, "Get him!" 5 or 6 times! ;)
Caterpillars are bad this year. They are everywhere. They ate every single leaf off two big trees in our back yard. And last weekend, Ray had to spray off our back porch from top to bottom to get rid of them (temporarily). Anyway, back to what I was saying…Life becomes REALLY interesting when you become parents. I’ve just about reached the point where nothing surprises me anymore. :)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Life gets really interesting when you become parents.
Posted by R&T at 12:53 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
Never a dull moment, always something new, cute, exciting and makes every day worth waking up!
Post a Comment