Sunday, December 30, 2007


When we were expecting Grayson, Ray and I made predictions on how he would be like each of us (personality, looks, etc). And over the last 10 ½ months, we’ve seen proof that so many of our predictions were correct. For example, since Day 1, Grayson gets red when material brushes his body (like when taking his shirts on and off). I am the exact same way. When I go in the dressing room to try on a shirt and come out to model it for Ray, he often says, “Wow - look at your neck!” before he comments on whether or not he likes the shirt. ;) And like Ray, Grayson’s skin is very sensitive to the weather. We especially notice it in the wintertime when it is cold and windy. His skin gets red, dry, and sometimes blotchy. Of course, some ways our little one is like us is funny (REALLY funny)! We hate that he got some things from us because they aren’t good (like the skin example I gave above). One thing I recently realized Grayson got from me is choking. Yes, CHOKING. For some unknown reason, I’ve always been one to choke easily. Fortunately, it hasn’t ever gotten so bad that I needed the Heimlich maneuver done on me or anything. But I choke way more than the average person. The worst part is that I don’t even have to choke on something I’m eating or drinking. I often choke on my own spit. I don’t know why it happens. It just does. And it is frustrating. Anyway, Grayson does this too. Poor baby.

.

A few days ago, I was holding Gray and drinking a sip of milk. It didn’t go down right, and I started choking bad. I started running around, coughing, and trying to catch my breath. Grayson wrapped his hands tight around my chest, his legs and feet around my waist, and laid his head down on my chest. It was so sweet. He was worried about me. When Ray and I sneeze, he has such a look of concern on his face until we say, “I’m okay”. Then, he goes about his business. Finally, when I caught my breath, I said, “I’m okay”. He loosened his grip, lifted his head, and leaned his head back to study my face. Now another thing I do when I’m choking is keep coughing for a while. It takes me a while to completely get rid of the tingly feeling in my throat. A few minutes later, I started coughing again. Once again, Grayson wrapped his little hands tight around my chest, his legs and little feet around my waist, and laid his head down on my chest. My baby is so sweet.

.

0 comments: