Friday, December 12, 2008

sweeter than any sweets


As Ray recently noted, Grayson says many new words a day. His vocabulary has expanded so much that I could not list all the words he said if I tried. It is amazing to think about all he's learned just in the last 2-3 weeks alone. He's so smart.
.
Besides teaching him words, Ray and I also are trying to teach him manners. One thing we push is saying "please". We feel that's very important. Regardless of your age, it is always nice to add a "please" in your request for something. That is how I was taught, and I am still good about using it. Inserting a "please" is so much nicer than not having one or picking up a rude word from another kid like "now".
.
Gray is doing very well with saying "please". At first, his "please" sounded more like "bees". ;) But now, while it isn't crystal clear, it's obvious he is saying "please". It's sweet. And it is very funny to hear him say it because he never says it with usual length and a soft or even normal volume. He always yells, "PLEEEEEEEEEASE". :)
.
Today, G was an excellent eater. He ate a great lunch! I kept telling him so, and you could tell how much he loved all the compliments. So, when he finished, I said, "Would you like an M&M?" He yelled, "M-n-M-n-M-n-M-n-M-n-M!!!!!!!!!" (That's how he says "M&Ms"). After he ate the two or three he had, I said, "Would you like a few more?" He yelled, "PLEEEEEEEEEASE M-n-M-n-M-n-M-n-M-n-M!!!!!!!!!!!!" :)
.

0 comments: