Monday, November 26, 2007

the monkey got stuck

Early this afternoon, I put Grayson in his crib so I could do a few things. As I always do, I opened his blinds, turned on the radio, and propped his door open. After 10 minutes or less, I finished the things I needed/wanted to do. I was very surprised that G had not asked for me to come get him yet. When I passed his doorway, this is what I saw:

.
.
As I've said before, Grayson sticking his arms and legs out of his crib is not an uncommon occurrence. But this time, it looked like both of his legs were stuck pretty good. I couldn't help but laugh. And when I did, he did too.

.

.
He and I were still laughing when the shot below was taken:

.

.

Here's a closeup of our active little guy's toothy smile:

.

.

Okay, so if you couldn't see how tangled G's legs were in the crib slats above, look at the picture below.

.

.

Yeah, it was bad. I tried to be gentle as I was trying to free him, but it was pretty much impossible. I got his legs unstuck, but not without a red mark and a little bruise. I felt so bad for Gray. I hated hearing him scream. I know it really hurt. But once I picked him up, all was okay. :) There's nothing like love from Mommy and Daddy. We're G's BEST medicine. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww! Before long he will outgrow those slats!