As every parent will tell you, there is ALWAYS something needing to be done. Personally, I think it is unrealistic to get everything done. That is what prioritizing is for. #1 HAS to be done. #2 really needs to be done. #3 would be nice if it were done. And everything beyond 3 belongs under the "I need/want to do that, but if I don't it's okay because I'm the shiznit for getting #'s 1, 2, and 3 done!!!" ;)
Because there is something always needing to be done, it is very difficult finding time for yourself. I mean, even something for yourself like a trip to the bathroom could result in a chore! On the way to the bathroom, you see your husband's work shoes in the middle of the walkway, the dirty bib your son wore during supper last night, your cat in the litter pan making such a commotion that you KNOW you must clean it without delay, etc! And yes, I create chores too! Oh, I could go on and on with my daily discoveries of chores waiting to be done. :)
Often, I'm walking through the house doing one chore, see something else, start tending to it, and forget what I was doing first!!! That is bad when you're only 29 years old!!!!! ;) The other day, I was carrying a few dirty clothes, a dirty diaper, and 2 teething rings that needed to be chilled again. I managed to put the dirty clothes in our clothes basket. BUT I was going to put the dirty diaper in the refrigerator and the teething rings in the trash! I went so far as to open the fridge, reach in with the dirty diaper, and then it was like, "WHAT AM I DOING?!?!" ;)
1 comments:
What are you doing? Performing a good juggling act!
Post a Comment