Grayson and I went in Hobby Lobby yesterday to browse around. We were having a good ole time. I was pushing G in the cart as he sipped on apple juice.
.
As I was finishing up with my looking around and heading towards the front of the store, I was surprised by a rush of apple juice that came from Grayson's face, soaked his clothes, rushed to the floor, and poured all over my feet!
.
.
Neither he nor I were expecting this...and I'm sure the look on his face and mine at that very moment was proof! I have no idea why I asked him what he was doing to make this happen because I knew. He had pulled the lid of his sippy cup off with his teeth! That is one of the many new things he likes to do!
.
It's amazing how parenthood can change you. Not to say I never get frustrated (because I definitely do), but I must compliment myself on how incredibly calm I was when Gray made this mess all over himself, me, and the floor. As he sat there in shock and completely still, I was reassuring him that he was okay. Of course, I added that accidents happen when you do such things. As I pushed my apple juice soaked child to the front of the store, I was racking my brain trying to remember whether or not I had an extra set of clothes in the car. I cringed as I felt a pocket of apple juice splashing out from between my feet and my flip flops with every step. EW.
.
Fortunately, it wasn't a cold day because all I had in the car was a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I was just glad he wouldn't have to ride home feeling miserable and dirty his new car seat. There was a cool breeze that morning though. As I stripped him of his wet t-shirt and wiped him down with Clean N' Go wipes, his teeth chattered. I felt bad. BUT he couldn't stay in wet clothes. I changed him as fast as I could and got him buckled in his seat. I shut the door, walked around the car, got in, and turned around to make sure he looked as comfortable and apple juice free as possible. He tilted his head slightly downwards, cut his eyes my way, and gave me a big smile. And when I started the car and he heard the radio, he began dancing. :) That's our boy! The whole apple juice thing was a thing of the past as far as he was concerned. While he enjoyed the tunes on the radio, I took off my flip flops and bathed my feet the best I could with those Clean N' Go wipes. Those things are great. They've gotten us out of "sticky situations" many, many times. ;)
.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
ALWAYS an adventure!
Posted by R&T at 12:52 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment