Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BIG helper Grayson!

Grayson is still such a great helper around our house (and we hope that doesn't change). The really cool thing is that he helps without us even asking! :) He'll go get his broom (Grayson size) out of the laundry room and start sweeping. When he takes off his clothes before his bath, he bends over, picks them up off the floor, and hands them to me! :) We always give him big "thank you's" which seem to make him feel real good.
.
.
Almost every day - or at least every other day - is "Laundry Day" at our house. There are many reasons why but us having an active toddler is the most significant one! When Ray is at home, he's great about helping with the wash or doing it on his own. But during the week, Gray and I are usually the ones that get it done.
.
Today, Grayson was upset because I took him out of our bedroom and closed the door behind us. He wanted to play in there. I tried to distract him by telling him we had wash to do. Honestly, I didn't expect it to work (because it usually doesn't). When he has his mind set on something he wants, that's all he thinks about. He gets so mad and expresses it so strongly that we can't help but laugh when we talk about how we don't even think he remembers why he originally got mad. He just knows he's MAD. :)
.
Anyway, so I set him down and told him we had some laundry to do. Immediately, he got into position - stood right in front of the dryer. His job is to put the wet clothes I take out of the washer into the dryer. He does a great job and pushing those heavy, wet clothes in. Well, when I was dropping clothes onto the dryer door this morning, I missed. A wash cloth fell to the floor. Before I even had a chance to ask Grayson to pick it up for me, he already had it done! And I couldn't help but laugh as he let out a big grunt as he bent over to pick it up! I KNOW he did that cause that's what he hears me do when I bend over with my big Zander of a belly! :)
.

0 comments: