Saturday, April 28, 2007

One of my most fond childhood memories is me playing in cozy little “houses” I made myself. I was good at finding cool places to hang out, but I was also good and designing and building them. Yes, I was the closest thing to an architect I will ever be. ;) But there were a few times when construction was not completed or my house was deemed uninhabitable because my design and/or my materials weren’t sufficient. :)

One house that got completed and built over and over again (I even showed a few friends how to build it) was my house made of folding lounge chairs turned on their sides (they made sturdy walls and cool swinging doors) and sheets draped over them (made a great roof that let some light in but was also breathable). Being in a cozy little place I worked hard on and was proud of made me feel so comfortable, safe, and downright giggly!

The reason why I told this story is because I made a little “house” for Grayson this afternoon. When we were driving home from the store, the sun was beaming in his face. Since the car seat sun shade just wasn’t doing the trick, I draped one of his blankets over the sun shade and the back of the seat. It made a little roof that protected him from the blinding rays of sunlight. And as you can see below, his cool blue and white roof made him downright giggly! :)


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you were very resourceful! It was a lot of fun watching you. Grayson will no doubt be just as talented and creative as his mom & dad! What a sweet smile, he is really enjoying his ride and his "tent"!