Ray and I enjoy singing to our boy. We find ourselves singing songs we didn’t even realize we knew! And for fun, we change the words to make it about Grayson. Of course, Grayson doesn’t think it is funny now, but I’m sure he will in a few years! He’ll probably say we’re silly, and a few years after that, he’ll probably say we’re cheesy! ;)
Last night, I was preparing the bathroom for Gray’s bath while Ray held him. As I walked in and out of the nursery where they were, I heard Ray singing to Grayson. He was singing Aladdin’s A Whole New World (one of those songs he probably didn’t realize he had stored in his memory bank). Instead of changing the words to be about Grayson, he let Grayson help him come up with the lyrics. Ray sang the original lyrics until Grayson would have something to contribute. Then Ray would take Gray’s wording and throw it into the song. For example, I heard something like:
A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here
It's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new “ahhhh” with you
It was so cute! It is great times like these I feel I must document because we can’t possibly remember them all. I want Grayson to feel as happy hearing about every day happenings in our lives when he was so small as we do experiencing them. :)
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Posted by R&T at 10:33 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
2 comments:
He loves hearing his Mommie and Daddy sing to him! Keep it up!
I know Ray is a good singer. Now I know that Ray can be more than that. Grayson must enjoy Dad's singing very much.
Post a Comment