Tuesday, May 13, 2008

FLYING chicken!

Gray is a picky eater (wonder where he gets that from?!?!?!). But I must say that he is doing MUCH better here lately, probably because we got his lactose intolerance thing figured out. One of his favorite foods (when his tummy was so messed up and now that it isn't) is Chinese macaroni. He loves it. I do too! The flavor is good but very light. The flavor is very liquidy - not strong or saucy at all. I guess you could say Chinese macaroni is his staple. When he doesn't seem to want anything else, it's almost guaranteed he will eat that.
.
Chinese macaroni doesn't take long to prepare, but it does need to be cooked on the stove. We dip it right out of the pot and put it into a bowl so it can cool. As I mentioned, G isn't very patient most of the time. Most kids don't have much patience, especially regarding food. When they are hungry, they are HUNGRY. Of course, I don't remember being Grayson's age. But I do remember being as young as 4 asking about 10 times when supper was going to be ready - starting from the moment I got home from school! ;) You know how it goes, "Mom, I'm HONGRY!" :) Once G's noodles are poured in the bowl, we scoop some up and start blowing on them to cool them off as quickly as possible. I think Gray was confused by this the first couple times he saw us doing it. But it didn't take him long to figure out what we were doing. Now, as we blow on the spoonful of macaroni, he watches so intently and starts blowing himself (along with us). It is so cute - and so funny!
.
Well, over the weekend, we got an order of chicken nuggets and stopped to feed it to him. Of course, they were hot. So, Ray had to blow on it before giving him a bite. Once he got a bite, Ray broke off another piece and started blowing on it, hoping for the timing to be right for his next bite. Grayson looked over, saw Ray blowing, and started blowing himself - shooting the piece of chicken he had in his mouth at his dad! :)
.

0 comments: