Yesterday, my mom and I were outside on our back porch with Grayson, Mya, Hobbes, and Daisy. I think we've all tried bring a few of Gray's toys outside with us, but he isn't ever interested. Mom tried giving him his school busy push toy. She was trying to encourage him to hold on to the handle and walk it around on the porch. He did not want to. She showed it to him again, trying to get him to take the handle from her. Finally, he took the handle and pushed the bus away - almost to the grass! He is OUTSIDE. Therefore, he wants to enjoy "outside stuff".
.
His really enjoys playing with the containers of dog food. He unsnaps the lid, lifts it, and sometimes sticks his hand down towards the food. I don't really like him playing with the dog food. #1, it stinks. #2, Grayson having the lids open gets the dogs excited. They think it is chow time. So, Mom and I resorted to the old method of distraction. :)
.
Mom handed him a watering can. G helped her water the plants with it a few days before. Every time he tilts it (like he is watering something), she makes this "SHHHH" sound. He thinks it's funny (I do too)! It was when he was playing with his watering can that I decided to try to show Mom how he can point out where the baby is (in my tummy). I should've known it was bad timing. He was interested in the watering can and the dogs playing in the yard. I lifted my shirt a little and said, "Grayson, where's the baby?" He didn't even look at me. I said, "Grrrrrayson, where's the baby? Is the baby in here?" and pointed to my tummy. He pointed the spout of his watering can towards my tummy and tilted it upward. I guess he was "watering" the baby. :)
.
After a while, he lost interest in the watering can too. I saw a dog leash on the shelf under the table. I asked Mom to hand it to him. I said, "Look Grayson! It's Hobbes' leash!" He looked up at me as if to say, "I know, Mom!" Hobbes had been hanging around us because he was hoping Grayson would give him supper early. As I said, "Let's go, Hobbes!", Gray bounced the leash up and down. I said, "Let's put the leash on Hobbes and take him for a walk...you want to?" That's when he held on the end of the leash with the handle and dropped the hook end down over the back of Hobbes neck! I'm glad my mom was there because this is one of those you had to see it to believe it things! :)
.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
"Let's go, Hobbes!"
Posted by R&T at 6:04 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
He is so smart! He never ceases to amaze me!
Post a Comment