Yesterday evening after supper, Ray decided to mow grass. I thought Grayson might enjoy playing in his play room while we waited on his dad to finish. WRONG! He wanted to be out there watching Ray mow. That was fine with me. It was such a nice evening - very quiet with a cool breeze blowing. Like such a good boy, Grayson sat on our front steps watching the mower go by again and again. When his dad looked at him, Gray's eyes sparkled. Then he would smile and wave. :) I know Ray had to have felt like the coolest guy in our neighborhood mowing his lawn with such a cute, sweet guy as his #1 fan!
.
When you mow grass, you have to halfway pay attention. If not, you could hit a sewer drain cover (like Ray did yesterday) or slice something up with the mower. So, Ray couldn't look at me and Grayson the entire time. I understand that but Gray didn't really get it. He wanted his dad to be looking at him the entire time. :) When Ray would pass us without looking or had his back turned, G would yell out! It was so funny! It sounded like "UHE!!!!" It was if he was saying, "HEY - look at me!" When Ray looked up at him and would yell back or wave, once again, Grayson eyes would sparkle, he'd smile, and wave. :)
.
Like with the vacuum cleaner, Gray isn't afraid of the lawnmower. He thinks it is exciting! He watched his dad mow he entire yard - front and back - without losing interest. When Ray only had a few more strips of grass to mow in the back yard, he said, "Bring Grayson to me". I said, "No. Just finish". He said, "Bring him to me". So, I did. I picked G up and brought him to his dad. Ray put him on his hip, held him with one hand, and pushed the mower with the other. He found out quickly that it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. But Gray really enjoyed helping his dad mow. He smiled and laughed, but I couldn't help but notice the death grip he had on Ray. ;) It is funny how not so fun chores like mowing the grass have a whole new meaning now that Grayson is with us. :)
.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
"HEY - look at me!"
Posted by R&T at 7:45 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment