Monday, May 5, 2008

He's everywhere!

Like many stairways, ours has 2 or 3 steps, a platform, and then another 25 or so steps to the top. A few days after we moved in, Grayson went all the way up the stairs by himself. That was quite a feat, and he took it on without a problem. He wasn’t afraid. We were so proud.
.
Last night, he went all the way down by himself! He wasn’t happy with going down the long stretch of stairs and reaching the platform. He insisted on going ALL the way down (till he was on the kitchen floor)!
.
Ray watched him as he went down. I was still upstairs eating supper. When I heard that Grayson made it, Ray and I both cheered and clapped. I leaned over the balcony so Gray could hear me better. I heard him crawling real fast towards the living room. Apparently, he heard my voice coming from that direction (I was directly above the living room). I saw him look for me in every direction. I kept saying, “I’m up here, G!” Ray walked in behind him and showed him that I was upstairs. Once he saw me, I continued to congratulate him for doing such a great job at getting down the stairs. With a HUGE smile on his face, he stood up his knees and bounced. It was so cute! :)
.
Also, in the last week, Grayson has learned to get on and off the couch without help, off of our bed without help, and to climb from the floor, up on the couch, on the arm of the couch, and onto to the bar that separates the living room and dining room! Oh and here lately, Grayson has been standing on his own (without holding on at all). The funny thing is that we think he doesn’t even realize what he is doing. But last night, he also went from sitting on the floor to standing without pulling up on anyone or anything. He just stood up! I can hear my Paw now, “He’ll be walking ANY DAY NOW, baby. Wait and see…”


.

Pic taken with my cell of G sitting on the bar between the living room and the dining room.

See Big Bird on the back yelling, "Be careful, Grayson!"?? ;)

.

0 comments: