Yesterday, Grayson did so many cute/funny things that I literally had to get a pen and paper and keep it with me so I wouldn't forget anything. Also, the list grew pretty long. So, I had to narrow it down. I will share with you my favorites.
.
As it is EVERY SINGLE day, mealtime with Grayson is very eventful. For example, mine and Ray's day wouldn't be complete if we didn't have someone screaming at the top of their lungs as we fixed his meal...only to have him stop, smile, and laugh when we turn around. :) When Grayson was looking around, slowly chewing his cheese sandwich, and trying to wiggle out of his high chair, I saw Mya through the window. I had just let the dogs out a few minutes before. I pointed out the window and said, "Look, Gray. There's Mya!" Very interested, he sat erect and tried to look through the blinds. I pulled the blinds open wider so he could see more easily. I said, "See, there she is." He smiled and started waving "hello" to her. :)
.
A little later, Grayson was still taking his time and growing a little impatient because he was tired of being strapped in his high chair. He was slamming his sippy cup of juice against the tray, causing Hawaiian Punch to spray everywhere. When he does that, it causes a mess - fresh dots of juice that turn into nasty, sticky dots if not cleaned up quickly. He knows he isn't supposed to do that. Usually, I don't even have to tell him "No". I just give him a look (that says "don't do that") and he starts shaking his head "no". I always confirm by saying, "That's right. No." And as he often does, he wrinkled up his nose and smiled. I held the cup down and said, "No". He didn't like that I was sticking to my guns. He started fussing. So, I grabbed the cup to take it away from him. I said, "I asked you not to hit your cup on the tray. You can have it back when you be nice, okay?" The problem was that he didn't want to give up his cup. He kept his little fingers wrapped tighly around the handle. He fussed at me as I peeled his fingers loose. I set his cup on the table next to him so he could still see it. I didn't want to be mean to him. My goal was to teach him that banging his cup on the tray and making a mess was not okay. He seemed a little shocked that I took his cup from him. Again, I explained to him that he could have his cup back if he wanted to drink out of it. He looked me straight in the eye with the most serious look on his face and started banging his hand on the tray. That's our boy. :)
.
My final story actually took place before the stories above. I decided to tell it last because to me, it is the funniest. If it doesn't seem that funny, maybe it is because I don't tell the story well...or maybe it is just one of those "you had to be there" things. When Grayson woke up from his nap and called out for me, I went to his room. He was happy and all smiles, but the poor guy had hiccups. Hiccups are so annoying. I'm glad he hiccups less and less. When he was inside of me, he hiccupped all the time. I asked him if he wanted to get out of his bed. He shook his head no. He wanted to stay in there, play, and walk from this side to that one. I enjoy playing with him when he's in his bed and I'm on the floor. I play peek-a-boo with him. I jump up to his height, say "HI!", and then lower myself to the floor. He stands on his tip toes to look down at me. When he sees me, I look up and say, "HI!" He laughs. I laugh. We have a good time. Well, at one point, I thought his hiccups were gone. Apparently, he did too. Then, all of the sudden, this loud hiccup escaped from his mouth. He was taken off guard. I said, "Oh no! I thought your hiccups were gone." A few seconds later, another big hiccup came out. I said, "That stinks! Are you okay?" That's when he smiled and me and started (fake) coughing!!!!! He associates the question "Are you okay?" with coughing because we always ask him if he's okay when he coughs. He is something else!!!!! :)
.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
a few funny stories
Posted by R&T at 8:42 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
He is so cute and just thinking about him makes me smile!
Post a Comment