I LOVE grapes! I always have but I especially do now because they are an easy snack to eat. I just pluck 'em and pop 'em in!
.
I've been out of grapes for several days but haven't felt like going to the store to get any. Finally, I went to Tom Thumb today. They advertised organic green grapes for $1.99/lb. Not bad!
.
I guess it isn't the "proper" thing to do, but I always taste a grape to see if they are good. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. It was a tad bit sour. Since we made the trip there and I really wanted grapes, I decided to get them anyway. We picked up 2 plums, 3 peaches, and headed to the checkout. We were going to have good, sweet summer fruits in our house again! YAY!
.
As Gray was finishing up his lunch, I reached over and grabbed a few grapes. WOW! They made me pucker. They seemed even more bitter than before! G, who recently tried grapes again and decided he likes them, asked for one. I couldn't stand the thought of being responsible for him changing his mind about grapes. I said, "No, baby. I don't think you'll like these. They're sour!" He moaned and reached out for them. With hesitation, I said, "O-kay..."
.
As I always do, I bit one in half. I tried not to make a face when I chewed my half. He was so excited about getting a grape. I sat back and watched.
.
He squinted his eyes tight and then rest his head on the back of the high chair. It was so funny - but awful too! I asked him if the wanted to spit it out. He shook his head no and continued to squint his eyes, tilt his head side to side, and even stuck his finger in his ear! I couldn't help but laugh! Believe it or not, that's when he started laughing! It was the deepest, most genuine, open mouth laugh! As we laughed together, I saw that half of a grape chilling in one spot. After a while, he chewed it and asked for another! I didn't corrupt our little grape lover after all!!!! :)
.

0 comments:
Post a Comment