When I think about summertime, I think of SO many things: vacations, swimming, BBQs, the awesome smell of suntan lotion, etc. Something else I associate with summertime are yummy summertime treats like ice cream and popsicles! I guess popsicles are often thought of as a kid snack, but I still love thm. My favorites are the cheapest ones you can buy: Flavor Ice.

.
I enjoy them year round. I would have to say cherry and the blue ones (flavor unknown) are my favorites, but I like them all.
.
We recently discovered that Grayson also loves popsicles! If I'm not mistaken, I first gave him a pink one (strawberry?). Who doesn't love that flavor? Eventually, to see if he really liked popsicles, I gave him a green one (no sure of flavor - lime maybe?). He loved it! He won't turn down any flavor (like me).
.
I bite a chunk of the top of the popsicle while it is still in the wrapper and then squeeze it into his mouth. I find it funny that he isn't weirded out by plastic (the wrapper) in his lips. He knows a delicious fruity ice chunk will soon pop into his mouth.
.
Even though he sometimes as for another bite before he's finished the one he has, I don't give it to him. It is so cold, and the juice from the popsicle can be kinda potent. Often times, I'll give him a bite and then go back to what I was doing or just walk away to give him a chance to finish what he has in his mouth. This is one food I do not have to chase him down to offer him another bite of! He comes back to me grunting for another! :)
.
Earlier this week, after giving G a bite of popsicle, I walked to another room to talk to Ray. As I exected him to, Gray followed me. Not long after I got in there, he started pushing my thighs from behind. Right away, I knew what he was doing! :)
.
I let him push me a few steps and then I stopped. He grunted and pushed me again - harder that time. As you probably guessed, he was pushing me back to the kitchen! He wanted another bite of popsicle!! I now call him our little popsicle pusher! :)
.
0 comments:
Post a Comment