Monday, June 9, 2008

what G has been doing and saying

Last night, Ray and I were trying to remember whether or not one of us had blogged about Grayson saying "duck". I double checked this morning. I did. It should be mentioned again though because Grayson is really into ducks!
.
There are many conversations around our house about ducks here lately! When G first said the word "duck", he seemed confused when we referred to several of his toys as "ducks". He is used to seeing real ducks. He's seen several black and white ones, solid white ones, mallards with beautiful green heads, etc. So you can imagine the confusion we caused when we called the bright yellow rubber duckie he plays with in the bath a duck. But now, he gets it!
.
During his bath, we hear the word "duck" at least 15 times. It is so funny! What's funnier is that G has learned how to say the word "duck" (well, his version: "guck") in the tone of a quack! He cracks us up!
.
Today, when I let Mya out of her kennel, Hobbes and Daisy went nuts! They can be kinda annoying sometimes. When they are impatient like that, I say, "Hush!" Well, when I'm in the room where they are, I say, "Hush!" Grayson said it too! It was SO cute! It sounded like "push!", but I know exactly what the was trying to say. I looked at him, smile, and said, "Tell Daisy and Hobbes to hush!" He said, "Push!" and smiled. :)
.
Now when I'm not in the same room as the dogs, I yell. They got nuts when someone is at the door. I yell, "HUSH!" or occassionally, I yell, "Shut up!" (which I need to stop doing). Sometimes I yell out their names one by one - "Daisy!", "Mya!", "Hobbes!". It might sound silly but when the dogs are really being annoying (not calming down as soon as I'd like them to), I yell, "HEY!" Grayson echoes me with "HEY!" :)
.
Yesterday, my mom and I overheard Ray and Grayson singing! When Grayson started to fuss because his diaper was being changed, Ray started singing. G loves hearing his BaBa sing! After a line or two, Ray stopped. That's when Grayson would say a few words in baby talk. Again, Ray would sing a line. Without hesitation, again, Grayson would say a few words. This went on for 3 or 4 minutes. It was SO funny (and cute) to hear!
.
Yesterday evening, Grayson and I braved the heat to watch Ray mow grass. Gray likes to be out there reather than inside watching through the window. He still yells at his Dad to get his attention. It sounds like "Oi!". When Ray looks up and yells back, Grayson is SO happy! He also loves waving at Ray when he passes by. The sad thing is that G usually waves when Ray isn't looking. Good thing mowing is pretty mindless because Grayson is a demanding spectator! And I know he is a great distraction from the sweltering heat for Ray.
.
Speaking of waving, Grayson's double wave will melt your heart. I have no idea what makes him choose to do a double wave over a regular wave. I guess every now and then someone is special or a situation requires extra friendliness. He holds both of his hands up (palms out) and turns them side to side. It is adorable. One of these waves (along with just about everything else Grayson does) makes you want to kiss his cheeks again and again!!!! :)
.

0 comments: