Monday, June 16, 2008

DETERMINED and SMART.

I guess every kid has at least one thing they LOVE to get into even though they know they aren’t supposed to. One of Grayson’s favorite things to play with is the dog water. It all boils down to one fact: He LOVES water. Period. It doesn’t matter if it is in the form of a faucet, a fountain, or in a dog bowl sitting on the floor. One cool thing is that he doesn’t mind his face or his hands being washed. Actually, he gets really excited when we wash his hands. That works out great because while the rest of him might get pretty dirty, I like to keep his hands clean.
.
So, every single day, we tell Grayson “no” when he goes for the dog water. He knows he isn’t supposed to play in it. But it’s like he can’t resist. He loves water THAT much. When you tell him “no”, he stops, but within seconds, he’s going for it again. We’ve seen that all he usually wants to do is splash it. The mess it causes is part of the problem. But the big deal is that it is DOG WATER. About a week ago, he dumped the entire bowl on the kitchen floor. He likes pouring water on a floor/ground and rubbing his hands in it. That is what he does with our watering can on our back porch. He might be confused as to why he can do that but not a similar act inside.
.
Yesterday afternoon, Gray was playing with a magnet. He walked toward the dog water with it. He either dipped it into the water, or Ray stopped him just before he did. Ray told him “no” and blocked him from the dog bowl. As you can imagine, Grayson didn’t like that. He had an idea and was aggravated to discover his dad wasn’t going to let him make it happen. By the way, he is very expressive. He lets us know when he is mad – most often either by yelling out (and trying to push you to the side) OR walking away mumbling (baby talk). They are both funny to see, but his mumbling is hilarious (and so cute)!
.
Anyway, as I was saying, Ray was blocking Grayson from the dog water with his body. And Grayson was letting us know he was NOT happy about that. He is SO persistent. Ray continued telling him “no”. That’s when Grayson extended his arm over Ray’s leg and threw the magnet towards the water bowl!!! :) I was a few feet away but didn’t see it all happen. I wish I would’ve. But I did hear it. Ray and I couldn’t help but laugh! :) He might not have been allowed to dip the magnet into the water, but in no time, he came up with Plan B…and was successful as far as he was concerned! Between me and you, I think that was pretty slick! Our boy is so smart.
.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious!