Even though this is not Grayson's and my first Father's day, it is the first one that we can truly "interact" with each other. Since he was not in much of a good mood on Mother's Day, Tish and I were very iffy about how today was going to go. She asked me what special places I would like to go to on "my day". I told her nowhere, I just want to have a relax and fun day. And that is exactly what I got.
Tish was very sweet to offer to make me a special breakfast (my fav - breakfast burrito) in the morning. However, she had to run to the store to get one main ingredient. When I saw her stepped out from the bathroom/closet, I saw the most beautiful errand running girl I have ever seen. How lucky of guy am I?! While T was gone. Hobbes woke Grayson up. I was a bit frustrated because I know how G can get when he is awakened before he is ready. But when I walked into his room to say good morning, I saw a sweet boy welcoming me with all smiles. Again, how lucky of guy am I?
Tish and Grayson got me a little "#1 Dad" badge to wear all day. I was told to wear it no matter what and where I went. Indeed I wore it proud.
Throughout the rest of the day, we did not really do anything special. Only our routine type of things. Even though they weren't anything out of ordinary (shopping, mowing, hanging out), they were very much "father/family-related" activities. The irony is, the very reasons I feel so loved and happy as a father are doing the little things everyday with Grayson. Sure I recieved some nice and thoughtful gifts today, but the best part of today is getting to reflect and be reminded of how great of a love and bond Grayson and I share.
I had the best day ever.
Thank you Grayson and Tish.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Father's Day
Posted by R&T at 8:36 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
Im so happy your Father's Day was so perfect! What I wonderful family!
Post a Comment