The big news around our house is Grayson walking - and walking FAST! He leaves Ray and I in a trail of dust. We always ask the other, "Where did Grayson go?" Once he turns the corner (leaving you behind in a room), he could be in this room or that one. It isn't as easy as me looking for Ray or vice versa. We are in search of a mini human who can easily hide behind things. Yesterday, he did what I would call RUNNING! I hadn't ever seen him do that before. He was standing on the couch one minute and running the length of it the next! I'm sure my eyes were as big as saucers. He got too close to the edge and his foot slipped into the crack between the couch and the coffee table. Fortunately, he didn't get hurt though. I was right there. I grabbed Grayson's arm (the only part of him I could grab fast enough) incase he needed help breaking the fall. But it turns out he didn't need me. I gotta give it to Gray. He's the smoothest stumbler I've ever seen! He has taken some falls that drop his rear end pretty hard to the ground. The expression on his face and how graceful he takes the fall makes it look as if he was expecting it. He gets right up as if it never happened. Every now and then, G doesn't land flat on his bottom. When this happens, it is usually because he's tired. Anyway, he falls on his butt and then leans too far back. Rather than letting his body go and hitting his head, he always has his arms out to the side holding his body up. Sometimes he simply pushes himself back up. Other times, with his arms extended, he slowly eases his head down to the ground and lays there. Ray and I have to laugh when Grayson enjoys laying there chilling so much that he starts talking or making funny sounds with his mouth. It's so funny to see! And of course, when we laugh, he laughs too! :)
.
And an added note to G's mobility: Lately, he has discovered walking in circles. When we first saw him doing this, we said, "What are you doing, boy?" It looked like he might be confused or dizzy. NOPE. He's just being a boy! He walks round and round and round in circles! :)
.
As I've said so many times, Grayson's vocabulary is really expanding. Therefore, we are really trying to think before we speak these days. ;) There are some words he loves and uses all the time - duck, BaBa, MaMa, Daisy, GO, etc. He has said many more words than that, but he either doesn't say them often or said them once and hasn't said them again (because he doesn't want to). A few mornings ago, I was changing Gray's diaper. He was fussing...he wanted to be running around. I said, "Do you want to go say hi to the dogs?" He said, "Dogs". Of course, he hasn't said it since. :)
.
One morning last week, I went into his room to get him out of bed after I heard him fussing. He was in a good mood, happy to see me. Usually, he wakes up in a pretty good mood. I asked him if he was ready to come out. He shook his head no. I figured it was one of those mornings where he calls for me (like he's ready to be gotten out of bed NOW) but refuses when I arrive because he wants me to watch him play. I was right. He was all smiles. But he had no toys in his crib. His safari music mobile thing was already playing. And his socks he usually plays with had already thrown overboard (out of the crib). I wondered if he would play or decide he wanted me to get him out of bed after all. Immediately, I got my answer. His crib became a stage. He knew the spotlight was on him. He wanted to entertain me - and that, he did! He reached down with his right hand and pulled up his right pants leg all the way. Then he reached down with his left hand and pulled up his left pants leg. With his legs showing and his pants all balled up in his hands, he slowly walked from one end of the crib to the other. It looked like he was wading through the swamp. He let his pants legs go. I thought the show was over. But he did it again - lifted each pants leg - his right pants leg in his right hand and his left pants leg in his left hand. He bent his knees and slowly walked to the other side of the crib. It was SO funny! When I laughed, of course, he laughed too! :) I said, "You are funny!" He let out another deep bellow of a laugh. :)
.
Friday afternoon, Grayson and I went out to get an order of seasoned french fries from Popeyes while Ray finished up our BBQ'd hamburgers. The nearest Popeyes to our house is part of gas station. I turned into the gas station and before I realized it, I hit this HUGE speed bump. It jolted me (and the little one inside of me I'm sure) so I knew it gave Gray a good bounce. He looked a little shocked. I said, "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He had the most serious look on his face. I felt really bad. All of the sudden, he smiled and started laughing. I laughed too. I hit another speed bump. I wasn't sure if he laughed the time before because he was scared or happy. I turned around and saw a huge smile painted across his face!!! Obviously, the first speed bump took him off guard. But he decided speed bumps are lots of fun! :) I have a feeling if the word "again" were part of his vocabulary, he would've been yelling it! :)
.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
short funnies (from this past week)
Posted by R&T at 8:28 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
2 comments:
That's funny! It's like watching a movie when reading these stories and it's fun!
Go Grayson Go! I will be there next week and we can chase each other around! Can't wait to finally meet you!
~Patrick
Post a Comment