Friday, February 23, 2007

2 WEEKS OLD!

Today, I am 2 weeks old! I didn’t think about it on my own…both my mom and my dad wished me a Happy 2 Week Old Birthday! :)

Because I am two weeks old, I had to go back to visit my pediatrician again. Man, it sounds like I’ll be visiting that guy a lot in the next few years. I don’t mind though. He’s not so bad.

Anyway, my dad left work to take Mom and I to my doctor appointment. My dad is awesome! He could’ve gone out to lunch with a friend or something, but instead, he chose to spend it with me!

Today is the first day Mom is allowed to drive since her surgery. So, Dad asked if she would like to drive while he sat in the back seat with me. Dad is usually the driver, but today, he was a backseat driver like me! ;) We had a lot of fun! We did some talking and of course, Dad took pictures of me. Mom and Dad take so many pictures that I feel like a rock star!

At one point, Dad asked Mom if she likes riding in the backseat. She said she hates it. Dad said he does too. They said they like sitting by me, but the ride is too bumpy. They are silly! I like riding in the back seat! My car seat is pretty comfy!! Put me in my car seat, give me some sunshine, and I’m set!

I was a good boy at the doctor’s office. The only time I really put up a big fuss is when I was stripped down to my diaper! The doctor’s office was freezing! Mom and Dad even said so.

I have some numbers to report! Today, I weigh 11 lbs, 2 oz. My doctor was so proud of me. Unlike some babies, I haven’t lost any weight. He said several times how great that is! YAY! The nurse measured my body. I am 24 inches long! Can you believe that? I don’t know why Mom and Dad seemed surprised because they always say what a big boy I’m getting to be already.

While at the doctor’s office, I made up a game. Have you ever done that? Well, I call my game “Popeye the Sailor Man”. It’s real simple. When my doctor wants to examine my eyes, I only open one! I thought it was funny watching the guy try to coax me to open my eye! Since he saw I wasn’t giving in, he asked my dad to help. My dad picked me up, cuddled with me, and asked me to open my eye. I can mess with my doctor but not my Dad. My Dad is cool. So, I opened my eye. I was a good boy for doing so, but I cannot believe I lost at my own game! :)

At the end of my visit, I had to get the follow-up Texas Dept of Health Newborn Screening Test. That involves my heel being pricked. OW! I yelled some, but I didn’t scream bloody murder. All I got for going through that was a Road Runner band-aid. :(

The better reward was hearing the nurse say “Gosh, this boy is STRONG!” :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good baby boy Grayson and I loved reading your story! I'll bet you were the best patient that visited the doctor today!