Grayson’s length at birth was 21.25 inches. When we took him to his pediatrician for his 2 week checkup, he measured 24 inches long. Ray and I both love that he is a boy of good size.
Like all other parents, we wonder what our boy will look like when he gets a little older - what color his eyes and hair will be, how tall he’ll be, etc. Even though I know they aren’t guaranteed to be accurate, I looked up a height predictor online. The formula makes sense. They predict a child’s future height based on his/her mom and dad’s height. Ray and I are the exact same height (5’7” or 5’8”)…although, I love declaring I am taller than him! ;) Based on our height, Grayson is predicted to be between 5 feet, 9.5 inches and 5 feet, 10.5 inches. That’s a good height! Still feeling a little skeptical, I did the test again, putting in my parent’s height to find out what my height is predicted to be. Believe it or not, it estimated 5 feet, 8 inches! So, maybe it is fairly reliable.
Like with anything else, I’m sure that predictor works in some cases and couldn’t be more wrong in others. My 18 year old cousin is a good example. His mom is my height, about 5’ 8”. His dad is no taller than 5’10”. According to this predictor, my cousin should only be about 5 feet, 11.5 inches – max. Well, guess how tall he is! 6 feet, 4 inches! He got his height from genes on his mom’s side of the family. All the men are at least 6’2”, whereas the men on his dad’s side are all less than 6 feet tall.
Like all other parents, we wonder what our boy will look like when he gets a little older - what color his eyes and hair will be, how tall he’ll be, etc. Even though I know they aren’t guaranteed to be accurate, I looked up a height predictor online. The formula makes sense. They predict a child’s future height based on his/her mom and dad’s height. Ray and I are the exact same height (5’7” or 5’8”)…although, I love declaring I am taller than him! ;) Based on our height, Grayson is predicted to be between 5 feet, 9.5 inches and 5 feet, 10.5 inches. That’s a good height! Still feeling a little skeptical, I did the test again, putting in my parent’s height to find out what my height is predicted to be. Believe it or not, it estimated 5 feet, 8 inches! So, maybe it is fairly reliable.
Like with anything else, I’m sure that predictor works in some cases and couldn’t be more wrong in others. My 18 year old cousin is a good example. His mom is my height, about 5’ 8”. His dad is no taller than 5’10”. According to this predictor, my cousin should only be about 5 feet, 11.5 inches – max. Well, guess how tall he is! 6 feet, 4 inches! He got his height from genes on his mom’s side of the family. All the men are at least 6’2”, whereas the men on his dad’s side are all less than 6 feet tall.

1 comments:
HEY, 5 FEET 9 IS A GOOD HEIGHT, HE MIGHT NOT WANT TO BE A NBA PLAYER
Post a Comment