Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fantasy

Whenever we lay GKT down (usually after a delicious Similac Advance bottle), we always make sure the baby monitor is on and that we have it close to us. Most of the time, we hear the sound machine in his room, playing themes such as (we switch them randomly to keep it fresh for the boy):

Rain


Shore/beach


Spring/birds


Rainforest / crickets

The other day, Tish was out somewhere and called to check on Grayson. The baby monitor was right next to me and Tish could hear it over the phone. She said, "What is our boy doing?" I replied with a smile, "He is on the beach...he is on a vacation. Can't you hear the seagulls and the waves?" From that point on, the sound machine over the baby monitor became a running joke...

The weather here has been beautiful lately - not a cloud in the sky. Tish and I were sitting in the living room one day while Grayson was sleeping. I said to Tish, "It is sure nice out, but raining awfully hard inside of Gray's room!" :-)

One of the sounds the machine also provides is heartbeat. Tish and I refuse to put that one on because it is plain creepy... almost like a horror film!

0 comments: