Of course, until now, I’ve never had a newborn. But I’ve been around my share in 28 years. I was always taught that newborns are delicate and must be tip-toed around. I can remember being shushed many times when I tried to talk in the presence of a sleeping baby.
I wouldn’t bring Grayson to a construction site, but we try to maintain our usual environment as much as possible. In many ways, he is delicate. His head that needs to be supported well and his soft sweet skin are just 2 forms of proof. However, Grayson is also very durable. He does so well with awkward hand-offs between Ray, Mom, and I. Yesterday, the bottom corner of the blanket he was wrapped up in got damp. I plugged in the hairdryer, turned it on the lowest heat setting, and blew it dry with him still wrapped in it!
Then, yesterday afternoon, after he ate and started feeling sleepy, I loudly kissed all over his face and neck. His responses made me laugh. He did his all-famous stretch and then puckered his lips! :) During one of his stretches, he threw his arm over his head and opened his hand to spread his fingers. I put my lips in his palm and started kissing it real loud. He puckered his lips and closed his little hand tightly around my lips! It was almost as if he was trying to say, “I know you love me, Mom but ga lee – you’re loud!” :)
~T.T.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Posted by R&T at 8:39 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment