I’ve always thought newborns were precious, but I had the impression they were kinda blob-like. I prepared myself to have a baby that laid there and only cried when he had a need. To my surprise and delight, my preparation was unnecessary. From Day 1, Grayson has been a very active and interactive baby…and I absolutely love it!
Our little man was in such a good mood today. I put him in one of his favorite spots, on his changing table. After he gets his diaper changed, he enjoys laying there and looking around. His room has several windows. The sun shines so beautifully in there on a day like today. He just loves it! The location of his changing table gives him an awesome view of his room and the world outside.
Grayson has been smiling when he dreams since the day we met him…and he has the sweetest, most beautiful smile. And now, we see that smile more than ever before. He still smiles when he’s dreaming, but he also smiles when we talk to him, play with him, or kiss him. But today, for the first time ever, he put a loud, happy coo with a big smile! :)
When I got him off the changing table, I carried him in my arms as I put on a small load of baby clothes to wash. I expected him to fall asleep and go right into dream land as he often does. Instead, I realized that what I was carrying was none other than a wiggle worm!!! This boy was turning his head left, turning it right, and turning it backwards to get a good look at everything we passed. I was amazed.
This afternoon, I put him back on his changing table. In addition to more smiles and coos, he tried to talk to me. He made faces and let out different sounds. I responded to him using the same sounds in conversation. He smiled, waved his hands around, kicked his feet, and made another sound. Again, I talked back to him using the sound he made. This went on for a good ten minutes or so.
Every day I spend with Grayson is special, but today was an extra special day - one like we've never had before. When I look at him, I feel so thankful that he isn't something we were given to love for a little while. He's ours forever and ever. We have so many good times ahead to look forward to...but of course, we're in no hurry whatsoever. We are loving every single minute with him.
~T.T.
2 comments:
What a cute cute picture!
Grayson is a smart baby. How I hope I will see him face to face.
Post a Comment