Friday, March 23, 2007

Gimme a break - gimme a break - break me off a piece of that...

There have been a few occassions where we’ve taken my mom up on watching Grayson so we could grocery shop, watch a movie, etc. A few weeks ago, we went to the mall. As we walked it, I remember telling Ray that I felt 10 feet tall. The last time we went to the mall, I was pregnant. Since Grayson is a big baby, I felt very weighed down – so much that I kinda felt short. But since I’ve had him, I feel so tall! I told Ray that I almost felt tall enough to touch the ceiling!

Also, several times, Ray has hung out with Grayson so I could get out for a little while by myself. Tonight, Ray gave me a break. I went to Target. I really enjoyed myself. First, I honked my horn and expressed my thoughts to two different drivers who were trying to merge on top of me. That’s always a stress relief! :)

After I was in Target a few minutes, I started digging in my purse for something. I somehow managed to dump all the change in my coin purse. Without thinking, I bent down and picked up every single coin. Before, Ray would have to do it for me because my big tummy containing Mr. Grayson didn’t allow such bending!

As I browsed through the women’s clothing department, I saw a couple with their baby girl who looked to be a little under a year old. The mom was hurriedly looking through the racks in search of something. The little girl started coughing badly. I heard the lady tell her husband to go get the children’s Tylenol cold medicine so they could get back home faster. I thought of our guy who has also been fighting a cold. :(

I actually went to Target in search of a few things I needed, but of course, I did a little shopping for Grayson too. Ray also picks something up for him when he gets out by himself. We wouldn’t have it any other way. :)

Finally, my shopping was complete and I headed to the checkout. When it was my turn, I realized that I had one of those talkative cashiers. Don’t you just love them? Ray and I get a kick out of them. For years, we’ve made fun of them. Anyway, the cashier said, “Hi. How are you?” I said, “Good. How about you?” She said, “Good. I’m just tired – so tired”. Normally, I would’ve smiled or simply said, “Oh really?” But this time, I said, “Yeah, I can relate…I have a 6 week old with a cold at home”. I had to laugh at myself for saying that. I guess I have become one of those people who get too personal with their cashier (again, the type Ray and I used to make fun of)! :) Anyone who hears we have such a young one is very interested, which is okay by me. I take every opportunity possible to brag about our boy! :)

0 comments: