Saturday, March 24, 2007

Visitor #3

Meet Grandpa Richard

Grayson's third visitor was Grandpa Richard. He flew in over the weekend to see our lil' fella. Grayson has been a bit sick (cold) as of late but seemed to have recovered some when my father arrived. Grandpa was very anxious to see the "giant" baby (what his friends kept referring Gray as). He was very proud when they finally met. Not long after holding Gray for a while, Grandpa Richard was complaining a sore arm! Welcome to the club!

.


Last Friday marked 6 weeks old for him. So Tish and I thought it was a good time for us to bring him out for the first time while my dad was here. We decided to go to Shanghai Restaurant, a staple for us whenever someone comes in from out of town. We figured that since it is usually a slow restaurant, it'd be good place to "break him in". We had Grayson all bundled up, and strapped in the Snap N Go (with car seat) going into the restaurant. It was not too crowded, but enough people to possibly give us a challenge. Surprisingly, Grayson was very good on his first outing! He slept most of the time while I rocked the Snap N Go gently. He barely made a peep during the 1.5 hours that we were there. Good job! Afterwards, we went to Baby R Us for some necessities. At this point, we knew that Grayson was due for a diaper change. I was the chosen one to embark on this adventure for the very first time. I have always seen these public changing tables (you know, the fold down kind) everywhere, but never really thought about how they work. To my surprise, I got Mr. Grayson's diaper changed faster than when we are at home. I was proud of me!


We were so pleased with his performance on the first outing, we decided to take him out again the next day. We went to Breadwinners for brunch, and then to the outlet mall. He did not enjoy the Snap N Go/carseat combo as much that day. I ended up having to use the Baby Bjorn carrier at the outlet mall. He slept most of the time in it but got a bit sweaty.

Tish admiring the boy out in public
.

Baby Bjorn

Overall, Grayson did great being out on his first tries. There will be more to come this weekend for sure since I want to show off our boy in public!


~Ray

0 comments: