We're gonna play Pictionary!
.
What does the following say?
a CLUSTER of HIGHLIGHTS!
.
.
Okay, so I'm cheesy! :) That's just my way of saying this blog entry (and probably most of my future blog entries too) is a cluster of highlights! Needless to say, I don’t get to blog as often as I did before. Our "little big guy" (as several of our friends refer to Grayson) keeps us VERY busy! :) But when a blog topic comes to mind, I jot it down. I know it might be a bit confusing, but that is how it goes. I just want to be sure that everything I want to blog about is published – one way or the other.
I don’t even know when I blogged last…and I don’t have time to look back. But while my mom is holding Grayson, I thought I’d make an attempt to catch up.
I cannot say enough how wonderful it is to be at home with Grayson every day. Ray and I felt very good about our decision before we had him, but now that he’s here, we have both said we would not consider any other option (unless we got into a very bad situation that required me to work).
As I said before, it was wonderful having Ray home for the first week or so after Grayson was born. In addition to being a great help, we spent a lot of quality family time together. All of us hated to see it come to an end. But of course, it had to. We have since adjusted to the way things are – Grayson and I are together during the day. And we look forward to every evening and weekend we can spend with Ray.
When Ray was at home, we made bottles together, washed bottles together, changed Grayson’s diaper together, changed his clothes together, etc. And we still do those things together when he is here. It took me a while to figure out how to best do those things without help…and I’m still tweaking my methods as I go! But I must say that I’ve done a darn good job figuring out how to make bottles, wash clothes, take pictures, etc one-armed! I’ve even learned how to make the best use of the time I have while Grayson is hanging out in his bouncer, swinging in his swing, or sleeping.
Our son is the most beautiful baby I’ve ever seen. As Ray says, I don’t ever get tired of looking at him. I could admire him for hours. And I never expected to have a baby (especially one that’s only 1 month old) that can make me laugh the way Grayson does. He makes the funniest facial expressions, particularly by using his lips and eyebrows. He raises one or both of his eyebrows and purses his lips. And his stretches crack me up too! He arches his back, reaches one or both of his arms way above his head (holding them up there a while), purses his lips, turns his head to the side, and makes a funny grunting noise.
The next thing I must mention is our boy’s strength! Just like he was when inside of me, he’s a puncher and a kicker! He kicks and punches when he’s mad (i.e., when you’re changing his wet diaper) and also when he’s happy! He is a good sport about changing clothes 99% of the time. Usually, when he’s on his changing table, he coos and kicks about when I talk to him. He doesn’t realize that he’s not only having fun but he’s helping me dress him too. That strong arm or strong leg that I can’t get to cooperate is simply punched or kicked through the hole to where it needs to be! And Grayson has always had a great grip! He loves holding our hands, pulling on our shirts, holding in his pacifier (and pulling it out), and has even discovered Mommy’s hair!
One of Gray’s favorite spots is still his changing table. He loves to lay there, look out of his windows, and talk to us. We have some fun conversations! I love turning my head to the side, resting it on his changing table pad, putting my forehead and nose to his, looking him in the eyes, and talking to him. He loves it too! He coos and laughs so loud! Sometimes he pulls his head back away from mine a little and wraps his lips around the tip of my nose! I say, “What are you doing, little Monkey? You’re funny!” His eyes shine with delight, he smiles, and coos real loud back at me! :)
As I warned, this blog entry is a cluster of a few highlights of every day life I felt I must blog about. I think I make it very clear that I feel Grayson is none other than perfect! He’s been with us just a little over a month. Sometimes it seems it has been so much longer because I feel we know him so well and we feel so connected to him. But on the other hand, it is hard to believe it has been a whole month already! Where did the time go? We see changes in Grayson from day to day. It is so fun to discover changes in both his looks and his personality.
Ray and I have always loved photography. Before Grayson was born, we decided to invest in a nice camera. It would’ve been nice to have before, but his arrival made getting a new camera a must. We take snapshots of him just about every single day! We just can’t get enough of him! Today, Grayson was sleeping on our bed. It made me feel good to see him resting so peacefully. I guess I could’ve taken advantage of him catching some zzz’s. I could’ve folded some clothes, made a phone call, or eaten a bite. Instead, I chose to lay beside him and admire every inch of him. When I did decide to get up, it was to get our camera. I was very aware that the snapping of pictures could wake him up, and I didn’t care. It was a risk I was willing to take. I want to take advantage of every opportunity to capture moments in Grayson’s life that might one day become a faded memory. These are times I never want to forget. :)
I don’t even know when I blogged last…and I don’t have time to look back. But while my mom is holding Grayson, I thought I’d make an attempt to catch up.
I cannot say enough how wonderful it is to be at home with Grayson every day. Ray and I felt very good about our decision before we had him, but now that he’s here, we have both said we would not consider any other option (unless we got into a very bad situation that required me to work).
As I said before, it was wonderful having Ray home for the first week or so after Grayson was born. In addition to being a great help, we spent a lot of quality family time together. All of us hated to see it come to an end. But of course, it had to. We have since adjusted to the way things are – Grayson and I are together during the day. And we look forward to every evening and weekend we can spend with Ray.
When Ray was at home, we made bottles together, washed bottles together, changed Grayson’s diaper together, changed his clothes together, etc. And we still do those things together when he is here. It took me a while to figure out how to best do those things without help…and I’m still tweaking my methods as I go! But I must say that I’ve done a darn good job figuring out how to make bottles, wash clothes, take pictures, etc one-armed! I’ve even learned how to make the best use of the time I have while Grayson is hanging out in his bouncer, swinging in his swing, or sleeping.
Our son is the most beautiful baby I’ve ever seen. As Ray says, I don’t ever get tired of looking at him. I could admire him for hours. And I never expected to have a baby (especially one that’s only 1 month old) that can make me laugh the way Grayson does. He makes the funniest facial expressions, particularly by using his lips and eyebrows. He raises one or both of his eyebrows and purses his lips. And his stretches crack me up too! He arches his back, reaches one or both of his arms way above his head (holding them up there a while), purses his lips, turns his head to the side, and makes a funny grunting noise.
The next thing I must mention is our boy’s strength! Just like he was when inside of me, he’s a puncher and a kicker! He kicks and punches when he’s mad (i.e., when you’re changing his wet diaper) and also when he’s happy! He is a good sport about changing clothes 99% of the time. Usually, when he’s on his changing table, he coos and kicks about when I talk to him. He doesn’t realize that he’s not only having fun but he’s helping me dress him too. That strong arm or strong leg that I can’t get to cooperate is simply punched or kicked through the hole to where it needs to be! And Grayson has always had a great grip! He loves holding our hands, pulling on our shirts, holding in his pacifier (and pulling it out), and has even discovered Mommy’s hair!
One of Gray’s favorite spots is still his changing table. He loves to lay there, look out of his windows, and talk to us. We have some fun conversations! I love turning my head to the side, resting it on his changing table pad, putting my forehead and nose to his, looking him in the eyes, and talking to him. He loves it too! He coos and laughs so loud! Sometimes he pulls his head back away from mine a little and wraps his lips around the tip of my nose! I say, “What are you doing, little Monkey? You’re funny!” His eyes shine with delight, he smiles, and coos real loud back at me! :)
As I warned, this blog entry is a cluster of a few highlights of every day life I felt I must blog about. I think I make it very clear that I feel Grayson is none other than perfect! He’s been with us just a little over a month. Sometimes it seems it has been so much longer because I feel we know him so well and we feel so connected to him. But on the other hand, it is hard to believe it has been a whole month already! Where did the time go? We see changes in Grayson from day to day. It is so fun to discover changes in both his looks and his personality.
Ray and I have always loved photography. Before Grayson was born, we decided to invest in a nice camera. It would’ve been nice to have before, but his arrival made getting a new camera a must. We take snapshots of him just about every single day! We just can’t get enough of him! Today, Grayson was sleeping on our bed. It made me feel good to see him resting so peacefully. I guess I could’ve taken advantage of him catching some zzz’s. I could’ve folded some clothes, made a phone call, or eaten a bite. Instead, I chose to lay beside him and admire every inch of him. When I did decide to get up, it was to get our camera. I was very aware that the snapping of pictures could wake him up, and I didn’t care. It was a risk I was willing to take. I want to take advantage of every opportunity to capture moments in Grayson’s life that might one day become a faded memory. These are times I never want to forget. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment