Friday, March 23, 2007

Last week, Ray had jury duty. Several times when he got home, he complained about how cold the courtroom was. And of course, it has been pretty warm in Texas. We think him going from extreme cold in the courtroom to the warmth outside gave him a cold. For several days, he was miserable. A few days later, I caught it. Between us, we had runny noses, bad coughs, and sore throats. A cold can drain you. Well, needless to say, caring for Grayson became more challenging than ever before.

As if that situation wasn’t bad enough, I noticed that Grayson’s breathing sounded quite nasally. That was followed by coughing. We took him to the doctor to be checked out. He does have a cold. Fortunately, he has no lung or ear infection. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that can be done for a cold. It just has to run its course. Our doctor recommended we buy some saline nose drops and a cool mist humidifier. Those two things have been lifesavers, especially the humidifier. He also suggested Grayson sleep at an incline so he can breathe better.

I must also thank our wonderful friend, LeAnna, who has been so helpful since before Grayson was born but especially since he has been sick. She’s given us advice and support. It hurts me so badly to see Grayson suffer. So, talking to someone who has been through the same or a similar situation is very helpful.

Our Grayson, who is ordinarily a very happy baby, has been feeling absolutely rotten. He just knows he feels bad. He doesn’t understand why. I think he has done a very good job battling this stupid cold. He’s a strong little man. :)

Grayson’s grandpa, Ray’s dad, is flying in tonight to spend the weekend with us. We’ve kept our hopes high that Grayson would feel better in time for his visit. I think our wish has been granted. Gray still isn’t over his cold. The doctor warned us that could take 7-10 days. But I think he is doing much better today than yesterday. He and I talked, smiled, and laughed some today! I think that did us both some good.

Oh, and today, our boy makes exactly 6 weeks old!!!!

Happy 6 week old birthday, love!

6 weeks marks the time when doctors okay taking a baby out more. We have no plans to tote him around everywhere we go, but slowly, we’ll be taking him out and about more. That means we’ll be taking more of those bumpy car rides that he absolutely loves and almost makes Mommy and Daddy nauseous! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everybody feel well soon, especialy the little Grayson. I love U all.