A few nights ago, Ray and I carefully lay Grayson down to sleep and headed to bed ourselves. Immediately after we laid him down and got settled, we heard him grunt a few times over the monitor. It sure is funny how he times that so well!
Anyway, we both laid there frozen in hopes that he would fall back asleep. A few seconds later, we realized what woke him up – a train in the distance. The location of his room in our house allows him to hear it more easily. We talked about how great it would be if there was only one long horn blow. Instead, there was one, a 15-20 second pause, another blow, another pause, another blow, etc. With every blow, Ray and I both cringed.
Finally, Ray said, “Where is that train going? In a circle?!” I laughed and said, “I don’t know. It’s so loud that it sounds like it is in Grayson’s room!”
Anyway, we both laid there frozen in hopes that he would fall back asleep. A few seconds later, we realized what woke him up – a train in the distance. The location of his room in our house allows him to hear it more easily. We talked about how great it would be if there was only one long horn blow. Instead, there was one, a 15-20 second pause, another blow, another pause, another blow, etc. With every blow, Ray and I both cringed.
Finally, Ray said, “Where is that train going? In a circle?!” I laughed and said, “I don’t know. It’s so loud that it sounds like it is in Grayson’s room!”
.
Within a few minutes, our stupid neighbors across the street revved up their big diesel work truck. I said…well, it was something not so nice. :)
Ray said, “This is almost comical! I feel like we’re in a movie!” I kid you not – about 20 seconds later, an airplane flew over. Since we live fairly close to the airport, we hear planes pretty often, but it is very rare that they fly so low. Again, it sounded like an airplane was landing IN Grayson’s room!
I told myself that us getting sleep that night was obviously not meant to be. I remember saying over and over, “I don’t believe this…I don’t believe this. Why?!” Ray said, “There was a train, a truck, a plane…what’s next?! A ship?!”
I laughed so hard that I could’ve awakened Grayson myself!! Believe it or not, besides the train horn blowing, nothing else disturbed him. We actually ended up having a pretty good night of sleep! :)
Ray said, “This is almost comical! I feel like we’re in a movie!” I kid you not – about 20 seconds later, an airplane flew over. Since we live fairly close to the airport, we hear planes pretty often, but it is very rare that they fly so low. Again, it sounded like an airplane was landing IN Grayson’s room!
I told myself that us getting sleep that night was obviously not meant to be. I remember saying over and over, “I don’t believe this…I don’t believe this. Why?!” Ray said, “There was a train, a truck, a plane…what’s next?! A ship?!”
I laughed so hard that I could’ve awakened Grayson myself!! Believe it or not, besides the train horn blowing, nothing else disturbed him. We actually ended up having a pretty good night of sleep! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment