Monday, March 5, 2007

THAT question!

Recently, I walked up to Ray, did a model pose, and said, “Notice anything different about me?!” He said, “Oh, Tish! I HATE that question! I’m not gonna answer that!” I said, “Oh come on…it’s all in fun!” He said, “It isn’t fair! I’ll make one guess and that’s it!” I said, “Okay”. He guessed that my tummy has gotten smaller. I said, “Yes! But what else?” He said, “Your boobs are smaller?” I said, “Yes!! Thank god! But what else?!” He said, “I don’t know! I give up!”

I threw my hand across my chest and put it on my opposite shoulder – another one of my model poses – and said, “Okay, what about now?!” When I saw Ray’s big smile, I knew he realized what I was referring to. I said, “What is it?” He said, “I know!” I said, “No you don’t! What is it?” He said, “You’re married again!!!" He was right!!!! For the first time in months, I was able to slip my wedding band on my ring finger and wear it comfortably.


I never got over feeling naked without my ring. There were times I woke up from a light sleep in a panic as I felt my bare finger. And as odd as it might sound, I loved seeing Ray’s ring on his finger. In addition to it being a symbol of our love, it became a representation of our life together and the love he had for our son we were expecting.

I guess my days of being waved at my Hispanic construction workers are over…After all, as Ray says, I am married again! :)

2 comments:

R&T said...

Having a wedding ring will NOT stop the Mexican guys at the corner from waving at you. But yes I am glad you are married again!



Ray

Anonymous said...

Congratulations 'lil Mommie and I mean "little" Mommie. You are getting that girlish figure back fast as I knew you would!