Wednesday, May 23, 2007

#6


Exactly six years ago today, Ray and I got married. That is something most has to just take our word on because we didn’t invite anyone to our “wedding” but our parents. Oh I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been tempted to play a joke on various people by confiding in them that we never really got married – well, that we’re married in our hearts in minds but not officially. That would be so fun to do! I could be very convincing and drag it on for a while! But now that we have a baby, my joke might cause a few of our relatives to have a heart attack! :)


Anyway, yep, we’ve been married for SIX years, dating for 7 ½ or so, and it feels like our hearts and souls have been linked since the beginning of time.


Just like other couples, we love looking back to our beginning. Seeing an old picture of us when we were dating or reminisicing about a place we went together years ago always brings a smile to our faces. It might sound weird, but in many ways, Ray is the same guy I met almost 8 years ago and in many ways, he isn’t.


When Ray and I decided to get married, there wasn’t anything about him I wanted to change. I cannot stand hearing about people who go into a relationship with someone and have a “I need to work on changing this about him/her” list. Only a big idiot wouldn’t know that relationship is headed south – probably sooner rather than later.


Ray has changed over the years. He realizes everyone could use fine tuning and that he is no exception. He is definitely a better person than he was last year – and same goes for the year before and the year before. I hope he would say the same about me. And even though I feel I’ve always loved him madly, I love him more and more every day.


Our friendship, relationship, and marriage are not perfect. But I will say that Ray is my dream guy and is perfect for me. I know there aren’t many people who can say that about their significant other. I am so lucky.


So many “things” are important in life and need tending to. The electric bill has to be paid. Our health needs to be maintained. But before the bills can be paid, we need to be happy and secure together. And in order for our health to be good, we need to care for ourselves and each other. Oh, I could go on and on.


Ray and I are best friends, husband and wife, and parents. We serve all of our titles well. I believe our secret for success is being appreciative of our past, enjoying our present to the fullest, and allowing our future to be what it will be and feeling excited about it.


And of course, a great marriage leads to awesome things like Grayson Koa! :) This little boy brings us so much joy! I think of him as the best of me and the best of Ray. As I always say, I am skeptical of perfection and the thought of it scares me. But Grayson is the closest thing to perfect there is. He’s our dream come true. Watching him grow and become who he is….is just amazing! One of my dreams is for Grayson to find someone to love and be loved by as much as his dad and I love each other. We already have a good start because my belief is that his happiness is a direct reflection of our happiness.


In closing, I want to say Happy Anniversary to Ray and I. Six years on the record and an infinite number of years to come…:)

0 comments: