Grayson woke up from his morning nap in a great mood! After he and I visited and played for a while, I invited a few of his little friends over. First, Rattling Red Dog came over.
I think Gray loved Rattling Red Dog's coloring and was especially interested in the sound he makes. I put Grayson’s hand on him so he could feel how soft he is. He seemed to like it. When I made the dog rattle, Gray made an o-shape with his mouth and kicked his legs. I encouraged G to hold him. I think he wanted to but didn’t know how to get a good hold on him. So, I laid the dog in the palm of my hand in front of Gray. He immediately reached out, grabbed my hand (which he knows how to do very well), and pulled it closer so he could get a better look.
Next, Grayson’s friend that Ray and I named “Cheeken” (must be said with a high pitched voice) dropped by. Gray found Cheeken very interesting. Maybe he’s extra eye-dcatching because he’s all white. I don’t know. In no time, Grayson was talking to Cheeken. And of course, Cheeken talked back. ;) I tucked Cheeken under Grayson’s arm so they could bond. Cheeken worked his way up to G’s face. That’s when Grayson decided to suck on Cheeken’s bright yellow beak! :)
Grayson wasn't very interested in Cheeken when they first met about a month ago. But as you can see, Cheeken desperately wanted to be his friend.
Grayson’s last visitor of the morning was Ernie. Actually, it was Baby Ernie. I think he is incredibly cute with his diaper on and his little outie bellie button showing. I wondered if Grayson would strike up conversation with Ernie too. After all, it seems they would have a lot in common. When Ernie first popped his head in and said hello, Grayson looked shocked. At first, I didn’t understand why because Ernie wasn’t talking any louder than Rattling Red Dog or Cheeken was. But when I saw Grayson so focused on Ernie’s head, I realized why he was so taken aback – Ernie’s crazy do! :)I guess Grayson didn't get a good look at Ernie last time the first time they met because Ernie sat on his shoulder while they visited! ;)
0 comments:
Post a Comment