We discover new things about Grayson all the time, but we aren’t able to blog every day. There simply isn’t enough time. Well, I guess we could make a little time to do it every day. But honestly, as much as I love writing, I have no desire to. Ray and I try to spend as much time as possible together and with Grayson. Therefore, updates tend to pile up, and sometimes don’t even get recorded. It’s okay though – we’re living it.
Today is one of those days were I think of everything I can that’s going on and blog about it. Grayson’s long afternoon nap allows it! :)
Just last night when Ray and I were getting him ready for his bath, Ray said, “He looks different today!” I agreed, but neither of us could pinpoint how. I think he is just looking more and more like a little boy rather than a baby.
As Ray noted in a previous blog entry, he is already wearing 9-12 month clothing. He was wearing size 3 diapers which fit pretty good in length but were getting a little uncomfortable around. So, he is now wearing size 4. They give him extra room and better coverage. It holds more tinkle, which means we don’t have to change him but a few times a day. JUST KIDDING! ;)
In addition to graduating to size 4 diapers, he moved up to Level 2 bottle nipples. For some time, I think he has worked very hard to get his Level 1’s to dispense enough milk. Sometimes he’d tire out before he got full. But now that he is three months old, he can now have Level 2’s. We’ve been calling him our “Level 2 Sucker!”
Any day now (if not already), Grayson will exceed the size limit for his swing, bouncer, and car seat. So, we purchased an infant to toddler bouncer. We couldn’t be without one. He loves his! And we bought a big boy car seat. He’ll most likely take his first ride in it this weekend!
Gray has been trying to talk so much here lately. It is getting more and more common for us to have continual dialogue with him for 5-10 minutes. As he “talks”, he uses different tones, changes volume, and makes different facial expressions. He smiles and laughs during conversation too. At other times, he shows how serious he is with his eyebrows. We laugh at his serious looks and he rarely breaks them, which makes us smile and laugh even more!
Speaking of laughing, Grayson thinks it is funny when his mouth is open and we blow in it! I guess it is a combination of feeling funny and making a funny sound! :)
Changing diapers is so easy. I laugh when I think about a few couples in our parenting class who struggled to change their non-moving baby doll’s diaper. Anyway! I don’t even mind the smell no matter how bad. Ray, on the other hand, holds his breath! I remember the first time I called him out on it! Someone else might not have noticed, but I sure did! I was standing next to him as he changed Grayson’s poopy diaper. He had a focused look on his face. His mouth was open. And what really gave it away was that he stopped talking! I said, “Are you holding your breath?!” Before he could get out, “No, why?”, he had a huge smile on his face. :) I had to share that story…ANYWAY! To me, the worst part about changing Grayson’s diaper is lifting his legs and rear to get the new diaper positioned correctly. If I don’t get it right, it looks funny and is uncomfortable for him. Not only am I working with a heavy little fella but one that constantly kicks too! But in the last week or so, Gray has been putting his weight on his feet to lift his waist in the air! Our little guy is so strong (and helpful)! ;)
He is now sleeping in zippered sleep sacks. He says swaddling is cool but is for “little babies”! ;) Also, he no longer sleeps to the waterfall (white noise) setting on his sound machine. I think it came to annoy us just as much if not more than it did him. He now listens to his Rock-A-Bye Baby Lullabies CDs. His favorites are The Beatles and Coldplay. We only turn on his sound machine on Saturday and Sunday mornings. The beach setting goes perfectly with the sun beaming in his bedroom windows. It is a feel good for all 3 of us! :)
He has also been doing a lot of slobbering. It gets pretty messy but is cute! I’ve heard babies don’t teethe until around 6 months, but we’re wondering if he will start cutting teeth sooner. Guess time will tell.
We see his hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity improving. He now helps hold his bottle, pushes it away, reaches out for his toys, and even reached out to pet Yoshi yesterday afternoon. And several times, we’ve witnessed him picking up his pacifier! He hasn’t gotten it back in his mouth yet, but he will in no time!
Gray still loves hanging upside down to have a more fun and interesting view of the world. We still call him our G-Monkey and probably always will. :)
He loves his mobile, his fisherman light fixture on his bedroom ceiling (he finds it funny), a/c vents (he laughs at them too…I always ask Grayson to tell the funny little man who lives in the a/c vent I said hello!), framed art (especially the sonogram pictures of himself), his LeapFrog singing caterpillar, and his LeapFrog singing mirror – just to name a few! This morning, I watched Grayson enjoy his mobile so much that all of his kicking (motivated by excitement) turned his body diagonally in his bed!
Our boy LOVES the outdoors! He loves the sunshine, the chirping birds, the cool breeze, the leaves dancing in the wind, etc. When he is really upset, we know outside is the best place to take him. More often that not, it is a cure all.
In the beginning, Grayson gave me a “What are you doing, silly?” look in response to my loud and crazy kisses. Now, he smiles and laughs! Every now and then, he’ll still give me a serious look after I kiss on him. So, I do it again and he laughs! :)
There is always so much going on at our house. We could always use more rest, but Grayson keeps us going! He’s so fun! Ray and I have a good time. We make a good team whether we are rested or completely delirious! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment