Ray was holding Grayson when he called to wish his mom a Happy Mother’s Day. I always wonder if Grayson will be disturbed by mine or Ray’s loud voice when we are on the phone (he and I both talk so loud to our relatives). If he woke up and started to fuss, I planned to take him so Ray could talk. But this time, he was completely sacked out. The volume of Ray’s voice went up, down, up, down, which didn’t both our little one at all. Then I look over and see Yoshi, Grayson’s jealous older brother, jump up on Ray’s lap! It was so funny watching Ray talk to his mom, keep a close eye on Grayson, AND try not to let Yoshi distract him. :)

Early in the morning, I opened cards and gifts from Ray and Grayson. I won’t go into what the gifts were. To me, that is personal. Let’s just say they were super sweet.
.
Ray wanted me to choose what we did. I chose being outdoors. My 1st choice was the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. I just love that place. It is so beautiful, so relaxing, and a great place to take pictures. But just before we finished getting ready, it started clouding up. I looked up the weather report on weather.com. That day was labeled “partly cloudy/afternoon thunderstorms”. Darn! I couldn’t see us driving all the way to Fort Worth (a little less than an hour) and it rain on us. That would suck the big one! So, we decided to try out the Dallas Arboretum. Out of all 6 years we’ve lived in Dallas, we’ve never gone. ..and I now know why.
.
First of all, tickets to the Dallas Arboretum are much more expensive than tickets to the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. And you have to even pay to park at the Arboretum, whereas you don’t in Fort Worth. Before we even bought our tickets, we discovered that the Arboretum was going to be very crowded (Fort Worth Botanical Garden never is). There were people everywhere. I like people watching at times, but I wasn’t there to people watch. I was there to enjoy the scenery. At the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens, it isn’t ever really crowded. You can do your thing (walk with your family, take pictures, etc) without someone being in your way, talking real loud, etc. If you have a stroller or a wheelchair (at the Arboretum), you might as well count on seeing little to nothing. The concrete pathways take you no where cool. In order to see much of anything, you have to off road it in the grass or through gravel. And when we killed ourselves to push the stroller through thick grass or pain in the rear gravel, we would discover whatever it was just wasn’t that pretty anyway. Finally, the Fort Worth Botanical Garden has shade! The Dallas Arboretum has very little shade. We were hotter than hot! But with all of that being said, believe it or not, I had a great Mother’s Day!
.
It was a very special 1st Mother’s Day! Even though it was miserably hot and the Dallas Arboretum isn’t something I’ll do again, I loved being outdoors. And of course, what made my mother’s day the best ever was being with Grayson and Ray.
.
An older lady talked to us at the Arboretum. She said, “Happy Mother’s Day! Is this your first Mother’s Day?” I told her it was. She asked what our boy’s name is and how old he is. She was shocked when I told her he is only 3 months old. Just about everyone we passed - old, young, and in-between smiled at Grayson. And when we were on our way out, a lady who was holding a tiny baby stopped me and said, “How old is he?” I said, “3 months”. Both her and her husband stopped in their tracks and looked confused. I said, “He’s a just a big guy”. She gave a big smile and said, “Yeah, he is”. I said, “How old is your little one?” She said, “5 weeks”. I said, “I thought he looked really new. “ She said, “What is your son’s name?” I said, “Grayson”. She smiled and said, “That’s a nice name” (or something dumb like that). I said, “What is your son’s name?” She said, “Nathan”. I didn’t know how to respond to that. I couldn’t say, “Oh, I like that” or “How unique”. I would be lying. I think I said something like, “Nathan is a cute little guy”.
.
We took some great pictures on my first Mother’s Day. Here’s a few of them. You can’t even tell we were sweating to death, huh? ;)



1 comments:
Beautiful pictures! A handsome family you are!
Post a Comment