When Grayson awoke from his nap today, he started yelling, “Come get me! Hey, Mommmm!!!!!! Come get meeeee!” What cracks me up is that this boy sometimes doesn’t even know when we’re in his room because he cries and yells for us with his eyes closed. As a matter of fact, sometimes when we are standing before him and say something, he jumps! :) Anyway, I opened his door, bent down close to him, and said, “I’m here, Gray! Good morning! Did you sleep good?!” He didn’t jump but he was a little surprised because he obviously didn’t hear me open the door. He popped his eyes open and gave me the biggest open mouth grin! I can’t tell you how wonderful that felt! I was on top on the world! I told him I would be right back after I fixed his bottle. As I walked toward the door, I turned around to see if he was okay with what I said. He wasn’t smiling, but he was content. He had grabbed his blanket and pulled it up to his cheek. That is something he does when he’s trying to wake up. It’s precious. As soon as I opened the door and pulled it to behind me, once again, he started yelling, “Mommmmm!!!!!!! Plllllleeeeaasssseeeee come get me!!!!” I hurriedly fixed the bottle and went back to our hungry little man. Again, he was so loud that he didn’t hear me come back in the room. I scooped him up and put him to my chest and over my shoulder.
He immediately stopped crying. It was as instant as turning off a water spigot! There’s nothing else I can say besides,
“I’m a MOM!!!!” :)

1 comments:
Yes you are and a wonderful Mom you are! You are both wonderful parents and of course no one can make him happy and content like his Mom and Dad!
Post a Comment