Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Waving HELLO

I tried to upload a video yesterday. Correction: I did upload a video yesterday, but it wouldn't play correctly. It kept pausing, skipping, and the audio wasn't clear. So, I have no video to go along with this blog. :( Oh well. All I can give is a description...a story.
.
As I talked about in my last blog entry, I taught Grayson how to wave "Hi" by bending his fingers. But on Monday I believe it was, I taught him how to wave "Hello". Instead of bending his fingers down (as he would when he waves "Hi"), he faces his palm out with his fingers straight and moves his hand side to side at his wrist - the same way most people wave. You have to see him do it! It is adorable.
.
Just like with the "hi" wave, I didn't have to work with him much. He got it right away. I am still trying to teach him that the "old way" is waving "Hi" and the new, open palm way is waving "Hello". I think he understands...he just likes the new wave best. :)
.

0 comments: