Last Saturday, Grayson made 4 months old. And yesterday, he visited his pediatrician because of this milestone. First, Gray noticed all the colors and decorations in the exam room. There was this crazily colored wallpaper and several eye-catching mobiles hanging from the ceiling. And for the first time, he absolutely loved the examination table paper that crinkles! With every kick, he delighted himself!
The nurse said her usual, "Get Grayson down to nothing but a dry diaper" statement. So, that's what we did. End result: 20 lbs, 12 oz. Next, he got measured. 28 inches long. When the nurse was mapping out his stats, she said, "He's at a very good weight and height". Ray said, "What percentile is he in?" She said, "Well over 100....again, off the charts!" The doctor says there's no way to predict if and when he will average out with his weight and height. Of course, we don't care. We're gonna keep him no matter if he's 4 ft or 11 ft! ;) It has just been unexpected and fun to have a "super baby" for 4 months! :) What he did say is the only thing he can say for sure is that Grayson's weight and height are proportional. That is something he checks at every visit - and every time, he says it is perfect. He told us Gray is in excellent health!
Our poor baby had to drink some sicky sweet liquid (part of his 4 month disease prevention), 4 (yes, FOUR) shots, and a blood draw from the tip of his finger. Oh yeah, and he had a urine sample taken! Does that sound weird? It does to me! When I saw urinalysis on his list of 4 month "to do's", to myself, I said, "Whaaaa?" They did it by wrapping a his hoo-ha with a cushioned bag and tucking that bag into his diaper. He didn't have to cooperate, but he did. What a good boy! :)
Anyway, right before the nurse came in to adminster the immunizations, Grayson had just fallen asleep. The nurse told us to do our best to wake him up some because she thinks that giving him shots when he's asleep is CRUEL. I agreed. Ray got him up (well, somewhat). As I've said before, Grayson (and Ray) is so hard to wake up. It takes them a while to zone in. In addition to a blank stare, there is always a lot of stretching involved. Well, when he was about halfway through his stretching, here came all the poking and prodding. I know it was not at all pleasant. A stick NEVER is, but him being surprised by that was really upsetting. And I know that stuff burns going in. Hearing him scream was so painful. I'm sure it was worse for Ray. He was holding him still. But when the nurse got finished, he was a-okay.
Gray didn't feel too hot yesterday. The after effects of his immunizations, along with teething is a lot to deal with at one time. He wasn't his usual happy self in the morning, until I took him to the bathroom mirror. When he saw himself, he smiled so big! :) Then, in the afternoon, he got a good nap. That made him feel a lot better, and he ended up having a very good night.
While our guy slept last night, we put together his exersaucer! It is so awesome! The dang thing took us a while to put together (there's like a gillion parts), but it was so worth it. Once we got past the mechanism itself, we got to all the attachments (toys)! They are the coolest toys that spin, light up, sing, talk, etc! I cannot wait to put Gray in it tonight! He's gonna have a ball! Very soon, I'm sure we'll be posting some pictures of him in his little "spaceship", as I call it.
In conclusion: At 4 months old, Grayson is immunized, healthy, happy, lots of fun, and as cute as can be! :))))
1 comments:
Aw-w-w-w lil one! That hurts Mimi just hearing about it but you were a good boy! I am so glad Daddy & Mommie was there and holding you tight!
Post a Comment