Gray is such a funny sleeper. Ray and I have found him turned diagonally in his bed, with his head at the opposite end, with his arm hanging out of the crib, etc. I can’t tell you how many times the first thing I say to him is, “What are you doing?”, rather than “Good morning!” ;)
Since he’s learned to roll over, he’s taken a real liking to sleeping on his side. Ray and I both understand. We are side sleepers. We agree that sleeping on your side is WAY more comfortable that sleeping on your back. But sometimes his new sleep position makes things challenging for us. We carefully lower a sacked out baby boy into his crib…and then as soon as he touches the mattress, he bolts up onto his side. It’s fine if he does that and continues to sleep. But sometimes, that haphazard roll up onto his side wakes him up. When that happens, he is fully aware someone just had the gall to lay him in his bed when he’d much rather be up and visiting! It almost seems that he thinks someone tried to pull the wool over his eyes. But no one tricked our little man into sleeping – he was tired.
What’s funny is when you set him down, watch him hurriedly roll up on his side (awake but asleep if you know what I mean – eyes closed and all), and he starts falling back asleep. As his body gets completely relaxed, he slowly starts rolling backwards. He realizes he’s doing this before his back touches the mattress, and he turns up on his side again. Then when he starts falling asleep again (within seconds), he starts rolling backwards again. Again, he turns back up on his side. This can go on for several minutes. It is so funny! I would like to get it on video one day!
Since he’s learned to roll over, he’s taken a real liking to sleeping on his side. Ray and I both understand. We are side sleepers. We agree that sleeping on your side is WAY more comfortable that sleeping on your back. But sometimes his new sleep position makes things challenging for us. We carefully lower a sacked out baby boy into his crib…and then as soon as he touches the mattress, he bolts up onto his side. It’s fine if he does that and continues to sleep. But sometimes, that haphazard roll up onto his side wakes him up. When that happens, he is fully aware someone just had the gall to lay him in his bed when he’d much rather be up and visiting! It almost seems that he thinks someone tried to pull the wool over his eyes. But no one tricked our little man into sleeping – he was tired.
What’s funny is when you set him down, watch him hurriedly roll up on his side (awake but asleep if you know what I mean – eyes closed and all), and he starts falling back asleep. As his body gets completely relaxed, he slowly starts rolling backwards. He realizes he’s doing this before his back touches the mattress, and he turns up on his side again. Then when he starts falling asleep again (within seconds), he starts rolling backwards again. Again, he turns back up on his side. This can go on for several minutes. It is so funny! I would like to get it on video one day!

0 comments:
Post a Comment