Monday, July 9, 2007

Gray's 1st trip to the zoo


We have not taken the time to blog about Grayson’s first trip to the zoo. Honestly, there isn’t a whole lot to say about it because he’s still a little too young to really enjoy it. We went there on Saturday, June 23rd. We got in, ate, and walked around for free thanks to Ray’s employer. We had a good time. Although if I could only use one word to describe the day, I think I’d have to say “hot”! It was SOOOOO hot! Because of the heat, we didn’t stay a real long time. But I don’t think anyone else did either. I heard several parents telling their kids they would take them to go see 2 or 3 of their favorite animals and would then be leaving. Since we don’t know what Gray’s favorite animals are yet (besides fish – we know he loves fish), we took him to our favorite animals…giraffes.




On the way out, we stopped at a photo booth (we posted the photos on our July 4th blog entry). It was interesting getting all of us to fit in the little circle on the screen, but somehow, we managed! The walk back to the car was torturous. It was long, hilly, and hot! FINALLY, we got back to our car, which had warmed up quite a bit! Gray had fallen asleep in his stroller. He did not make one fuss during our outing until we woke him up by taking him out of his stroller and putting him into his car seat. We felt bad, but it had to be done to get us cooled off and headed back home. Once we got him buckled back in, he was out again.

On the way home, we talked about how awesome Grayson did. He was so good and really enjoyed it, despite the unbearable heat. It was very evident that Gray was so hot that day. He was red, and just had that “Mom! Dad! It’s hot!!!” look on his face. We even felt his little onesie sticking to his back. He never complained. As a matter of fact, he smiled a lot. We hope he enjoyed his first trip to the zoo. We enjoyed it. Although, the soonest we’ll go again is in the fall when it is a lot cooler. And really – I’d prefer going to the aquarium over the zoo. I think Grayson would really enjoy it! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) He was a good sport. Of course, y'all were too. Love the pictures!