Monday, July 30, 2007

YAY and GROSS! ;)

The doctor we chose for Gray is awesome! We really like him, his nurses, how he runs his office, where he is located, etc. He is another fine example of an awesome baby related recommendation we got!

Since we aren’t going back in to the pediatrician until Grayson makes 6 months old (next week), we called to consult with the nurse before we added cereal to his diet. She told us how to do it and what to most likely expect. As always, his nurses are so helpful.

Anyway, her instructions were to mix 1 tablespoon with enough formula to make the consistency of Elmer’s Glue. She said he would not eat the whole serving for a while – until he decides he approves of the consistency and really likes the taste. Fortunately, he liked it from the very first bite. But because he wasn’t familiar with it, he didn’t eat a whole lot.

So, here we are about a week to a week and a half later…Grayson ate his entire serving this morning!!!! YAY!!!! I think there are two reasons for his success - #1, he is used to eating it and has decided he really likes it. And #2, I made it thicker than usual. I’ve been noticing he enjoyed it the times I made it a little thicker. So, today, I made his cereal the consistency of grits – well, how I like my grits. And SUCCESS! :) And because he liked it so much, we had a smaller mess to clean up.

Something funny happened during his feeding today that I thought I’d share. Towards the end, I noticed that G was holding the mouthful I just put in his mouth – actually the spoonful he and I shoveled in his mouth together! ;) I said, “Swallow, Gray.” He looked up at me with a blank look and didn’t swallow. I said, “Gray, swallow, baby. You can’t have any more until you swallow.” About that time, he closed his eyes and within seconds, I was covered in a spray of formula and rice cereal – on my shirt, all over my face, and in my hair!


Yep - he sneezed! Ew!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! He didn't know what else to do but let it go!