Monday, July 16, 2007

we laugh at each other!

Often times, babies getting too excited can cause adverse reactions (i.e., spitting up). Yesterday, Grayson was in a very good mood. He and I were playing. We were smiling, laughing, and screaming as he laid on the changing table after I changed him. After a few minutes, I see milky saliva rising in his mouth. First, I turned him on his side. Then, he started coughing. So he wouldn't choke, I decided to sit him up. I knew he wasn't in grave danger, but the fact that he was coughing, had a little red face, and watery eyes kinda scared me. As I pat him on the back, I called out for Ray to come help (he was in the other room studying). Within seconds, Ray came running in there. I said, "Grayson, you have to be careful! Slow down....breathe". That's when Gray gave the BIGGEST smile - as his eyes continued watering and he continued coughing. Ray said, "Are you okay, baby? Quit being retarded!" That might sound cruel as you read it, but it wasn't...it was SO funny! Ray's concern for Gray was so genuine and heartfelt, but he knew Gray made himself start choking because he was playing so hard. Ray and I haven't EVER seen or heard of a happier baby than Grayson. 9 times out of 10, he's all smiles (even when he's choking)! Now THAT is a happy baby! :)

0 comments: