Wednesday, July 23, 2008

how sweet

Over the weekend, Ray, Grayson, and I made a quick trip to the mall. While there, we bought a Snickerdoodle cookie from The Great American Cookie Co. to share. As we strolled around the mall, Grayson kept his bottle of Ozarka turned up. He LOVES water, especially from the small Ozarka squeeze bottles we buy him. But before he got to the car, he decided he had enough and set the bottle beside his leg. When we got him out of the stroller, we discovered the bottle had turned over and soaked his shorts.
.
Rather than going to our next stop (the grocery store), we decided to stop at Target to look for a cheap pair of shorts on sale for G. Since it was an in and out thing, Ray ran in while Gray and I stayed in the car. As always, he didn't like seeing his BaBa leave. He was upset. But after a few minutes, he was okay. We listened to the radio, danced, and talked about all the people passing by. At one point, I offered him another bite of cookie. When he was ready for another, he started grunting. If he and I were closer in distance, he would've reached out for it. But since I was in the front seat and he was in the back, he would try to ask me verbally for another bite (by grunting). I know this is his only way to communicate. But sometimes, Ray and I wish he could ask for something. After hearing him grunt a few times, I said, "Instead of grunting when you want more, say Pleeeease". He said, "Deees". :)
.

0 comments: