.
One of Grayson's new toys is a Fisher Price barn (like the one above). I saw it while walking through a resale shop where we live. I thought he would enjoy it because he likes toting things around. As you can see, it has a handle on top. To my surprise, it only cost $2! All I needed to do was take it home and clean it real good. It didn't come with any accessories. It was just the barn for $2, but the barn was in perfect condition. I knew Gray had a few farm animals he could put in it. And that is something we could always pick up here and there to expand his collection.
.
When we got the barn home, cleaned up, and gave it to him, it was obvious he didn't just like the barn...he LOVED it. He plays with it every single day. He really enjoys playing with all of his electronic toys that move and make sounds. But this barn does absolutely nothing besides sit there. Well, I guess it does open and close. You can shut the barn, close the latch, and carry it around. G hasn't done that though. He leaves it open on our coffee table. He moves his animals around from this area to that one. He opens and closes the stable doors. I think this toy will help spark his imagination. In my opinion, you're never too young to use your imagine and play pretend.
.
I see pretend becoming part of his play here lately. It is so fun to watch. He hands us his cell phone (a real one of ours that no longer works).
.
.
We pretend to talk to someone. After a minute or so of talking, we pretend the person on the other end of the line asked to speak to Grayson. He takes the phone, puts it to his ear, and starts talking! It's so cute! :)
.

.
Well, today, I was standing in the kitchen when Grayson came up to me, grabbed my legs, and turned me around to face the other way. I knew he wanted something. He communicates that way since he can't with words. :)
.
My first guess was that he wanted to watch his Barney DVD. So, I took a few steps and stopped. He gave me a shove. I took a few steps. This went on until I was in the living room. I stopped near the TV. When he wants to watch Barney, he stops pushing me when I get close to the TV, walks over to it, and pushes the buttons on front of the TV (often turning it on).
.
This time, he pushed me again. I took a few steps and ended up in the middle of the living room. He had me right where he wanted me. He came from behind me, stood next to me in front of the coffee table, put his hands on his barn, and grunted. He wanted me to unhook the latch on the side so he could open it! When I did it, he was SO happy! I imagine he was proud of himself for telling me what he wanted..and that I understood. He should be! I'm so proud of Grayson. He is SO smart. :)
.
0 comments:
Post a Comment