Grayson is still a dancer, and we don't ever envision that changing. :) Our boy LOVES music. That's all there is too it. His favorite songs are the ones on his itunes playlist, but he'll dance to anything. I'm not kidding about dancing to anything...he finds rhythm in our hand mixer scraping the sides of a mixing bowl when I'm making a cake! :)
.
I don't know why I find it amazing when Grayson recognizes a song on the radio or one we sing. He is SO smart. I just can't get over the fact that the recognizes a song after hearing a note or two - before the artist even starts singing! And how he recognizes a song when I sing it, I don't know (I don't sing well). ;)
.
It doesn't matter if Grayson is in the car, in his high chair, walking around, sitting on his couch, or what - he will dance if he likes the music he hears. It is so funny! I did the same thing as a kid. But as I got older and received judgment and criticism, I stopped. I don't want him to do that. I want him to ignore any negativity he might receive. I want him to be confident and always enjoy music, despite what others might think or say. Music is an awesome thing. Music and dancing are so freeing...and fun!
.
Yesterday, Gray was standing in our bedroom. I was just down the hall in the dining room. I wasn't right there with him, but I could see him. He and I had been hanging out, playing, and listening to the radio all morning as we often do. And as always, when a song can on he likes, he stopped to dance. :) We all love listening to the radio. We keep at least one on in our house round the clock.
.
While I was standing in the dining room, I heard the first few notes of one of G's favorite songs, "Everything" by Michael Buble, come on the radio. Gray has loved that song SO much since he first heard it. Then he really grew fond of it when we chose it for his 1 year video! He knows it after the first few beats. Anyway, I looked his way when I realized it was playing. He got the BIGGEST smile on his face, ran to me, and lifted up his arms. He wanted me to pick him up so we could dance. :) He's so fun to dance with. :) Unfortunately, moments like these, Grayson won't remember. He's too young. But I know he will forever carry the good feelings from these memories with him. And I vow to do my best to record memories like these in writing. I hope mine and Ray's word choices and vivid descriptions make him smile, make him laugh, and feel warm inside. I tell ya - Grayson has NO idea how much he's loved. :'-)
.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
STILL
Posted by R&T at 9:10 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
I believe he knows how much he is loved - he feels the love and he will grow up knowing this love and carry all the wonderful memories with him and they will always be with him.
Post a Comment