Monday, August 27, 2007

our Sunday outing

Yesterday was another scortcher here in the Big D. But since Grayson was feeling better, we decided to get out and about. We made sure most of our time was either spent in the car or in somewhere air conditioned. In other words, we walked to and from our car as fast as possible. Really, Gray doesn't mind the heat, especially when the wind is blowing. But needless to say, we don't want him to get too hot or sunburned.

Despite the heat, we had a great time being out. It was what I'd call an ideal Sunday afternoon. We did a few things that needed to be done, but they didn't feel like errands at all. Getting them done was fun! And everything else about the day was just loose - conversation, time (didn't pay attention to it), where we went (no list of where we had to go), etc.

Grayson got to enjoy at least a few minutes of just about everywhere we went. Then he got very comfortable on Ray or I and slept. :) Let's see - if I'm not mistaken, he only completely missed one stop - Marble Slab. So, Ray and I got to enjoy our ice cream and talk some while our little man slept there besides us. And he was awake for about the first 5 or 10 minutes we were in Toys 'R' Us. He enjoyed walking past all the colors and watching Ray and I play with toys. :) Then, he fell out. Ray and I joked that before we know it he'll be begging to stay there rather than snoozing through most of the store while we shop. :)

When it came time to checkout at a few places, I stood in line while Ray and Grayson walked somewhere nearby - either to look at something or get out of the way (the stores were packed yesterday because of all the kids starting back to school yesterday). Every now and then, Grayson looked over my way to check out what I was doing. When I smiled at him, he gave me the biggest smile back. He is so sweet. Again, I felt like one of the many people in a crowd (he had several admirers, as he always does)...and he was smiling at ME - no one else - ME! I felt so special. It's simple times like those when your heart is warmed and you think "I am so lucky...I'm the luckiest woman in the world".



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the sweetest & what cute pictures! He is definitely crazy about his Mommie & Daddy!